Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Some Kansas newspapers

Some Kansas newspapers

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

http://www.kusports.com/news/football/story/115177

http://www.kctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3805707

They dont give us to much credit, mostly just knock KU.
Back to the top

Some Kansas newspapers

I can see the point of the KU fans. When the team expected to finish last in D-1A comes and makes a real contest out of the game, everyone starts blaming and pointing fingers. I wouldn't suppose they might come up with the conclusion that the FAU football team is good.
KU came up with the win but I think everyone in Lawrence was expecting one of those 62-3 mismatches. There is a quote in that article, I think it was the KU coach that said that FAU did not look like a team in its first year of D-1A competition. Thats pretty cool.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Some Kansas newspapers

This one is posted under a thread about FAU vs UK news articles along with our local PB Post.
Back to the top

Some Kansas newspapers

I've been reviewing some online news articles from some Kansas news papers. KU is getting a lot of ribbing over the game Saturday from all the papers that I read. If KU had lost I just can't imagine how the team would be able to live through it. I know it would be much worse than the defeat of Middle Tennessee.

I am sure the cowboys at OK State have heard about the game in Lawrence.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Some Kansas newspapers

Im sure they did too, I wonder what our raking will be going into the OSU game. FIU put up a good showing also.
Back to the top

Some Kansas newspapers

Hey guys. I haven?t been on the board for a while since I have been out of the country. This message comes to you from Guayaquil, Ecuador. I read some of the articles from the game and looks like FAU has earned some real respect. Embick had a huge game as well. This should be a fun season. I think this young team will turn some heads. I will be back in Miami for the OSU game.

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Some Kansas newspapers

KU should be getting ripped, they were a 24 pts favored.

Plus, I now I didn't know what to expect from our team, so how would you expect KU in general to get a grasp of what type of team would show up to play against them, except for what all the so called experts predicted (our ranking) FAU to be like. KU had a lot of incomplete information - FAU was a new team, nothing like the previous team, that in itself got to be somewhat disturbing, just not knowing what to expect.

Ok. St. will have the chance to better prepare for us then KU did.

Back to the top
Control functions: