Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

attendance?

do any of you "insiders" have any info on many tickets have been sold for the ok state game? I hope to get atleast 30k to the game. its one thing to have a game on tv but I would like the nation to see us have some butts in the stands too.
Back to the top

attendance?

i am no insider, but i heard only 8k has been sold

"Sore Loser?!?! Tell you what, show me a Good Loser and I'll SHOW you a LOSER!!!"
Back to the top

attendance?

that's not very good news.
Back to the top

attendance?

I haven't seen any promotion on campus. I hope that, like last year, some people hang some posters to get the word out. Also, it can't help that it's on a Thursday. Still, I think that this game will be our best attendance ever.

There's still a few days left to sell tickets. There will be a few thousand students and many walk-ups. Since we don't have sold out games there's not much incentive to get tickets in advance.
Back to the top

attendance?

It would help if the game was being hyped at all. Most people I talk to have no idea that it's even happening. The FAU marketing department continues to befuddle me beyond belief. I can not for the life of me understand the things they do and don't do. Mabye it's a lack of resource issue, but something needs to be changed. Thanks for letting me vent.
Back to the top

attendance?

i wonder how they recruit anybody to do marketing. here's your office, out in this trailer in the middle of a field, hidden behind this big building?
Back to the top

attendance?

There is no excuse for not getting this game out, its not like it was a last minute thing. Use the press, T.V anything but you really need to get people cranked up. Hopefully some of the FIU & Miami fans will show up.
Back to the top

attendance?

attendance?

We're also going up against the Patriots vs. Raiders game to start the NFL season.
Back to the top

attendance?

Those guys who hung the banners were two of my friends and I. We were ousted by the athletic department, Schnellenberger and Angelos loved us but there were alot of people that hated us in the athletic department. I think cause three kids did more promotion then they did, we were making them look bad. Besides all the banners, we used to walk the mascot threw the mall and other stores, drive the golf cart threw the school with a sound system on the back of it with the owl dacing passing out fliers, even tried to make tailgating a bit more fun by fireing off the cannon in the parking lot once before the game. Dextor Lomont wasnt bad, he tolorated us, but that Schelly lady hated us. Here is a picture taken by the campus police before they took us in for questioning one day about the banners. Two of us were let go but one got stuck with community service. There sooo anal over there about anything fun. You can see the OWL squating in the back of the golfcart, and the police dept. actually took this seriously.

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

attendance?

The school wants 40K at the game - it's one think to wish & want,but some kind of effort does need to be made if that magic number is to be reached. Hopefully we will see something in the next couple of days - South Florida fans tend to wait to the last minute anyway.

I just hope that we get at least 20K, 30K would be great.

Go Owls!!
Back to the top
Control functions: