Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fearless Predictions??

Usually this board is humming with fearless predictions
and talks of the up coming opponent.

I am not predicting an upset, but certain things do need to fall into place for us to make this game respectable.

My take:

On defense: We need to stop the run or at least keep it under control and limit the amount of big plays given up. The defense will have to create some turnovers.

On Offense: We have to limit the amount of three-in-three out or it will put way to much pressure on our D which will get worn-out and things will get ugly quickly.
So establishing the run will be very important for us to establish some kind of rythm on offense, against a very good defense, but the alternative of being one dimensional is only goin to make for a very long day.

So, the key will be turnovers on defense and the running game on offense, and we will have a chance to make this game respectable - if not this game will get ugly. I am hoping for the best and think that the team will hang in there long enough to keep this game with-in two scores, which should make for a respectable outing for our young Owls.
Back to the top

Fearless Predictions??

I'm really unsure about what to expect from us tonight. I think we'll be nervous out the gate, so we have to keep KU from getting ahead early. I think we will hang in there but lose 35-14.
Back to the top

Fearless Predictions??

I waited until FAU had its 1st game this 2005 season before "guesstimating" how well they would fare for the remainder of the season. This comes largely due to the fact that we really had no way of saying how well FAU would do this year until we saw some action on the field with mostly new players and higher levels of competition. Having seen the action it looks to be very encouraging … injuries seem to be the only sticking point that could cause problems especially against Louisville and Minnesota. The Kansas game was great and the 13-12 3rd Quarter part of the game was amazing as the generally lively crowd turned silent and crickets could be heard from the 40, 000+ KU fans in the stadium! FAU certainly proved to the Div I-A teams they belong and are ready for the fight.

Now, for the season prediction:
At Kansas (obviously a loss 30-19)
VS Oklahoma State (Win… we pull out with the W in south florida with the heat and humidity in front of a large fanbase at dolphins stadium and OSU having slightly pulled a small 15-10 win vs a Div I-AA opponent Montana State for their opener. My score prediction: FAU 24, OSU 20)
at Minnesota (Loss… The team is ranked 33 in the nation and Minnesota won 41-10 VS Tulsa amassing 529 yards of total offense as it won its 17th-straight non-conference game in the season opener. Tulsa may not be KU but this will still be a difficult game for FAU)
vs UL-Monroe (Win… 1st game at Lockhart, first conference game… FAU shows the fans a W at their home stadium)
at Louisville (Loss… Blowout? No likely as anyone who caught the Louisville vs. Kentucky game saw how vulnerable Louisville can be… Point spread close to KU's 30-19 win over FAU)
at UL-Lafayette (Win… on the road, They are predicted to finish 3rd to last in the conference and we are predicted to finish 2nd to last… which is NOT happening after what we accomplished at Kansas)
vs Mid Tennessee State (win… MTSU will try to upset us after two previous wins over them the last 2 years but we'll come through in the end)
at Arkansas State (loss… even short-lived I-A win streaks like we would be on may catch up to us in little rock if we let our guard down, be ready for a close loss)
at Troy (Loss… this team is VERY good, sun belt champions, we were CRUSHED by them last year, We never even got into the game, who's to say the point-spread on this one? hopefully not as bad as last year's 24-6 loss)
vs North Texas (win… we beat them last year at their house, this team has two of the best running backs in the COUNTRY, but we will beat them again… close, good game)
at FIU (win… this team is certianly coming of its own, having held up fairly well against Kansas State, but we've done it before and will do it again… 4-0 in the Shula Bowl)

Final Prediction: 6-5 (Sun Belt: 5-2) We finish SECOND in the sun belt behind Troy

6-5 is a winning record and makes us bowl ELIGIBLE, but they more than likely will pass on us and won't pick us for a bowl… bowling next season my friends… but we should have our fair share of heads turned by the end of this 2005 season!
Back to the top

Fearless Predictions??

Congrats on a great first game! FAU was tough and, man, I love your QB! He very much reminds us of Bill Whittemore, our QB from 2 years ago. The guy's a gamer. We sure looked sluggish and out of synch. Barmann had better not be the starter for us this weekend.
Anyway, i predict you'll take the win against OSU, as they barely escaped defeat against Montana State, and FAU looks legitimate. Good luck the rest of the way!
Back to the top

Fearless Predictions??

Fearless Predictions??

kucurt said

Anyway, i predict you'll take the win against OSU, as they barely escaped defeat against Montana State, and FAU looks legitimate. Good luck the rest of the way!

From your keyboard to God's ears ;D

Thanks for the props.
Back to the top

Fearless Predictions??

I am normally one to give predictions prior to the game so here goes. While I want FAU to win, I think that OSU will pound the ball to a victory. My fearless prediction is OSU 27 FAU 21. Lets hope that I am wrong and that FAU pulls the upset. GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Fearless Predictions??

The game plan for tonight is about what it was for the Kansas game:

Defense: Contain the run & create some turnovers

Offense: We need to run the ball more effectively, however the chances for big plans tonight will be plenty, so being patient with the passing game will be critical and not force anything.

Special teams: Always important in games like this.

After getting there feet wet last week and knowing what to expect, I hope the youngters don't put additional pressure on themselves by playing at home in front of fans. If we come out with a strong showing at the begginning, which I believe we will and keep the game close, I think that the opportunities will be there in the 4th quarter to pull this one out. Win by a field goal - late 4th quarter!!

Go Owls!!
Back to the top

Fearless Predictions??

Sounds like they have a week secondary. If we can establish a run tonight the play action pass should be extremely effective for HUGE gains.

This should be a great game!

GO FAU!
Back to the top

Fearless Predictions??

OWLS WILL WIN TONIGHT........ 17-13.
Back to the top

Fearless Predictions??

Well… tonight's game against Minnesota was a knockdown 46-7 Loss and we were 31-point underdogs going into the game BUT hey… we did win the 2nd half 7-6 when the other team's secondary were playing!

In any case, FAU is going to get a taste of our ACTUAL Conference play this upcoming week on Thursday at LOCKHART!! We play Louisiana-Monroe who lost tonight 44-7 to No. 7 Georgia as 38.5-point underdogs.

FAU for the first time this season will be favored in a game with LA-Monroe being ranked at about 116 and FAU ranking about 109. I predict FAU to score its first win and the score will be 30-21…
Back to the top
Control functions: