Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Conditioning?

So now the Kansas coach is willing to take shots at the Owls' conditioning. [From the Lawrence, Kan. Journal-World]:

Well conditioned: Mangino has mentioned more than once since Saturday?s game how important conditioning was to being able to pull out the victory.

Cornish?s run may have been proof of tired legs losing to fresher ones. But the fourth-year coach said it was noticeable across the field.

?Our team was very well conditioned,? Mangino said. ?We didn?t have any problems with cramping or anything of that sort. Our kids really played hard all the way through.?

Back to the top

Conditioning?

He could use some conditioning himself. Did you see him? :o
Back to the top

Conditioning?

You got that right.
Back to the top

Conditioning?

Conditioning?

That guy was as big as a house. When they showed him on the big screen there, he filled the whole picture. I couldnt belive that was the head coach, he was pushing the bar way over 400 pounds. When he walked to halfway to shake schnellys hand, he must have been exhausted. I can;t believe he would say something about conditioning, hypocrite.
Back to the top

Conditioning?

I alway thought conditioning was synonmous with Florida football. It sure was in high school.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Conditioning?

I'll agree on Coach Mangino's physical presence - he needs to address it. However, to defend him, I believe he was mentioning the fact that few, if any KU players, had to deal with cramping. I was at the game and was shocked to see so many FAU players, play after play, on the ground, what looked like attempting to stretch out from cramping. This happened the whole game. Why was i surprised? FAU practices in the well known Florida humidity - something FAU players should be accustomed to. If anything, KU players would be the ones experiencing cramping. Our strength and conditioning coach must be doing a good job with our players.
Back to the top

Conditioning?

Cramping has little to do with conditioning. Cramping is all a matter of proper hydration, salt and potassium intake.

It appears that our players did not properly hydrate themselves the day before and leading up to kickoff.

Conditioning is what allows teams to play just as hard, if not harder, in the fourth quarter as they did during the first. I believe we're as well conditioned as most teams in the south, some players however appeared not to be prepared.
Back to the top
Control functions: