Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Predict Thursday's attendance

University administration is counting on 40000 people at the OSU game while a post on this board says that, as of yesterday, only 8000 tickets were sold. How many people do you think will be at the game?
Back to the top

No way the game draws more than 25,000. I'm guessing a lot lower.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

The question is how many Ok St. are going to travel for a Thursday night game, I bet they would have turn-out in bigger number if it was a weekend game - if they where playing Miami that is a different story altogether. To Ok St. FAU is still FAwhoo (did I just type that :-[) which could have an effect how many peopl they bring.

That 8k can be misleading - it does count the amount of tickets alocated to players ( for family & friends)
& I am not so sure they account for the away teams allocations either. Plus, there always seems to be a larger amount of walk-up sales at game time.

IMO, double the number, plus 2-3K should be about right.

They have been targeting large corporations for discounted group tickets packages, so hopefully some of them take advantage of the offers.
Back to the top

I think that anything more than 20,000 would be a nice turnout and a surprise. The fickel fans of South Florida won't turn out in numbers for this one and don't expect a great crowd from OSU. 18,000 is my guess. GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

I'll say 15,500.
Back to the top

How about 22,500?
Back to the top

My prediction is just above the 20,000 mark.
Back to the top

I read somewhere today (might be sentinel, post, or herald) that 16k seats have already been sold.
Back to the top

RhodeIslandOwl said

I read somewhere today (might be sentinel, post, or herald) that 16k seats have already been sold.

Oh Oh.. :-[
Can I revise my prediction and say 23,500.. :-/
Back to the top

RhodeIslandOwl said

Here it is:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/content/local_news/epaper/2005/09/07/s1b_BOBLEHED_0907.html

LaMont said 16,000 tickets have already been sold for Thursday's game at Dolphins Stadium that pits the FAU Owls against Oklahoma State University.
Back to the top
Control functions: