Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Is "Who let the Owls out?" finally dead?

What are the odds that we will hear the chant tonight? If we do, what can be done to squash it? :-X
Back to the top

Odds are 1000 to 1 that you WILL hear it!!! The guys really believe that after 4 years, people still want to hear this thing at every game.
Problem is that some fans are so drunk that they just chant to anything. >:(
Back to the top

For the love of GOD, I hope that it is over.

I remember watching the NAU playoff game at Murphy's and hearing that stupid chant. It makes no freakin' sense.

Maybe we can come up with something on the forum that might work.
Back to the top

unfortunatley many of my friends bust out with the "who let the owls out at other south florida sporting events"

I think it maybe here to stay, as long as Miller Lite keeps brewing….

Peyton
Back to the top

Peyton77 said

unfortunatley many of my friends bust out with the "who let the owls out at other south florida sporting events"

I think it maybe here to stay, as long as Miller Lite keeps brewing….

Perhaps you could persuade them to chant something different with a little lower corn factor. ::) I just hope it doesn't get picked up on any of the ESPN mics because the season ticket seats are right near the media booths.
Back to the top

Heck, guys, I guess I like to be a dissenting opinion. I say get every fan possible into the stadium and let 'em cheer, boo, chant, sing, dance, wear t-shirts and hats, whatever. Just get 'em there. I'll be watching on TV, and I hope there is some noise. Just about any noise, come to think of it. For the record, though, I did not hear it at the KU game. There, the F-A-U chant seemed to be the parents' choice. That's the one that, after the game, got a wave of acknowledgement from the coach when he was leaving the field and passing the band of loyalists….

All of which reminds me: Will the FAU band be on hand and in uniform tonight?
Back to the top

I hate to report the bad news but "who let the owls out" made an unfortunate debut already this season. I was witness to this terrible chant in Lawrence. The game hadn't even statred and a small group started it. A couple of the oldies weree singing it but they soon realized that everybody hates that chant so they stopped. I guarantee it will appear at the okstate game, if it happened in lawrence it will happen there. I saw KU fans laughing at our fans when they heard that chant.
Back to the top

Maybe my hearing (I'm one of the oldies) failed me, or maybe I was just in the can. But I didn't hear it. Who cares? But the KU fans, who drool over their "Rock Chalk, Jayhawk" chant and moan have little to laugh about.

In the end, though, I'd rather talk about football and leave the cheer talk to cheerleaders. Or anyone else. I'll stop here.

Good luck to the Owls, and I hope all of you who are able to attend have a great time. Victory….
Back to the top

The chant appaered and disapeared just before the game started
Back to the top

Actually, the chant was there all game, in print! Someone had a huge banner saying "Who let the Owls out?" printed and displayed all game.
Back to the top
Control functions: