Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

How many fans?

Does anyone know what the official attendence was? This was our big home game, im a little worried about the rest of the season.
Back to the top

How many fans?

16,421 was the reported fugure. Keep your worry hat on bighooter. The next game is on a………you guessed it. Another weeknight for TV. Against a lesser draw than Ok State. I hope we can crack 10,000 that night.

Hopefully the Midd Tenn game will be a good turnout. Then the next one will be the SB champs, North Texas. There's no excuse for that one to be less than 15,000!
Back to the top

How many fans?

....there was no excuse to have less than 30k at ok state.....
Back to the top

How many fans?

How many fans?

Exit39 said

….there was no excuse to have less than 30k at ok state…..

Realistically FAU have a 5000 fan base on a Saturday PM game. To expect an increase of 25,000 additional fans on a Thursday night is really reaching. It would have been nice to see the 30,000 but…….
Back to the top

How many fans?

If we can't get people fired up to see Oklahoma State then we sure aren't getting anyone out to see North Texas!
Back to the top

How many fans?

I agree it will be a challenge to get folks out to the games. Our fans,or lack of fans, really need to DRASTICALLY improve. With that said I'm looking at it from an objective point of view. No homerism involved.

My reasonings for potential improvements:
North Texas is a SBelt game and the final home game for FAU. Maybe the interest and athletic department will be more PROACTIVE by then and get the ads out.

Plus: The only possible scenario is that the same people who did not make the OK State game because of it being on a Thursday may come out on a Saturday. I've come across a lot fans over the years. They come from all over the place. Some will fly in for a long weekend in Boca and Ft Lauderdale or Miami. Others will drive in from a 3 or 4 hours away for a Saturday and Sunday stay.

Plus: Does anybody know anyone from FAU student body? It's the casual student fans who attend the Saturday games for socializing. Ask them why they didn't attend the game. I'm also curious.

Between our struggles for increasing our fans and the Thursday game I honestly wonder if even So Cal would have made a difference?

Just looking for answers myself.

Back to the top

How many fans?

I had a couple of friends that were driving down from georgia but because of the threat of a storm they decided against it just in case. I agree O.G. the television rights were nice but thegame played on saturday. I would have predicted at least 25 30 K for the game.
Back to the top

How many fans?

Who cares about official attendance…..it's never accurate! There's no way there was 16,000+ there on Thursday. More like 6,000+. South Florida was all depressed after the Canes lost Monday, so that probably meant a lot of people stayed at home and sobbed instead of coming out to the game.
Back to the top

How many fans?

It would have been nice for a turn-out of 25k, but lets be realistic for a moment - we avereage less then 15K last year (closer to 11K) Every year the attendance has seen an increase of fans, you can't expect to double that average overnight - it's no going to happen at least not in South Florida.

We have some quality opponents lined up for home games - N. Texas, MTSU (with Ul Monroe as another Thursday night game :P)

Once we start to play our Conference game which I predict FAU will be more then competetive in, attendance should be OK. We need a good showing against Monroe, a win would be awesome, and should set-up the rest of our home games for great turn-outs.

So, what should we consider a great turn-out - anything over 15K, again not great, but looking at it from the point of increase of attendance from year to year - it shows that our fan base is continuing to grow.
Which is all we can ask for, we must remain to be patient, not only with the play of a young and inexperience team, but with the continuing growth of our fan base.

All we need to average is 15K - that is a reachable target anything above that is icing on the cake. We must take baby steps before we can leap forward.

Lets all remember that this is still a program in it's youth which is in the process of taking those bay steps, those leaps will happen in time.
Back to the top

How many fans?

We need to average 15K one out of the next two years to be able to stay in 1-A, or at least that is what they are saying right now. I hope they can take enough steps by then to reach that.

Also, what ever happened to the marketing genius Dick Berg that they had brought in to really beef up the PR. I haven't heard his name in a while. This is quite a fickle market to have to deal with, but I'm still pissed that the OSU game was not hyped up more. Absolutely unacceptable.

I do believe that after watching the first two games that we could/should fare well agains SB opponents. With wins come fans in this area. They HAVE to win the Louisiana-Monroe game to get the fans.
Back to the top
Control functions: