Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Gopher's Message board & Athletics

It's a Rival's message board and you have to register if you want to post anything.

Message Board
http://minnesota.rivals.com/forum.asp?sid=935&fid=203&style=1

Athletic page:
http://www.gophersports.com/sports/sport.asp?sport_id=mfball
Back to the top

A more active message board is at www.gopherhole.com
Back to the top

I like this post from Gopherhole….We should print some of these and post them in the Owl locker room.

"after the game Saturday, seemed moreso than usual, and rightly so. I'd say he laid down the gauntlet that he wants to see a sharp, spirited effort against lowly FAU before heading into the season's tone-setting game vs. Purdue.

I expect a sharp performance out of the Gophers on Saturday, it'll be over at half & the reserves will get plenty of time after the first two series in the second half.

3-0 is what was expected & got heading into Big 10 play. "
Back to the top

This does make for good locker room reading.
Back to the top

Back to the top

Let's not forget there are a Top 25 team, we are only Bottom 119 ::) 109 by some :D

They can trash talk all they want.

We have proved in the last two games that we can compete with some of these teams, but this is a Top 25 team - a different animal all together. It will take a huge effort from our boys to make this a respectable game, which is all we can ask for. I always like to think positive and if Minnesota does over look us and start to plan for Purdue, then we need to jump on these guys early and make then sweet a little. If they are not prepared for this game, then we need to force them to into early turnovers and take advantage of every opportunities. I know our boys will be ready, hopefully they can execute the game plan.

Go Owls!!
Back to the top

Did you guys read this one?

It will read Gophers 42 Owls O. The team will come together for a shutout. The defensive substitutions this week will be measured, rather than a wholesale change. Take aways, yes. Owens scores on a fumble recovery, Pawleski has an interception. And Alex Daniels causes and recovers a fumble. The Owls are stymied on third down. Maroney gets his 180, and from there its Russel, Pinnix, Valentine, and Lammers.

The key in this game is to show nothing new on film for Purdue. Win with the base plays. Keep the counters, options, and new wringles for the Big 10.

Concern will mount, as the offense sputters again. False Starts, delays of game, and an over maddening day.

This is a no win game, beat FAU and it should have been easier, by more, and more entertaining. If it ends up closer or you lose. Then the quesions, catcalls, and boo birds will be out.

Out of deference to Howard Snellenberger I hope the time passes quickly.

And for you who question the spread Take the Gophers lay the points.
Back to the top

Cockinesss comes with the territory of playing these type of games. Remember we even skipped practice when NAIA Ed Waters was up next on the agenda.

In this case, this poster need to check with the RB and WR after the game. Ask them how hard were the hitting by our defense.
Back to the top
Control functions: