Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

UL Monroe Predictions Thread

Short week folks. Hope the'ye rested.

FAU should be fairly confident coming into this game. Not so much about winning but about being competitive. Realizing the level of competition they have just played should be a Major boost for the youngsters. Mistakes will have to be minimal or the Monroe team can steal a victory from FAU.

Will they be overconfident? Could be. However the coaches need to remind them that FAU was picked to LOSE every game this year anyway. Relax and have fun.

Last year Jared had a toss and catch with safety Chris Harris. Three times I believe. Both have moved on. Hopefully Embick won't repeat the same mistake. His scrambling should open up the pass down field. May be a good time to work on the running game too. Their QB is also pretty good out of the pocket. We have to contain the scramble toss to the tall WR.

I say that EMBRICK and EDGEWOOD should have a good game… ;)

FAU 21

ULM 18
Back to the top

I need to ask O.G. "Will they be overconfident?" and who might that be FAU - IMO, we have done nothing that warrant them to be overconfident, Yes, the defense had an outstanding game agaisnt Ok. St. but that's two games ago and they didn't steal the game away. Hopefully, the one lesson they got from the Minnesota game is that is - Execution and no mental errors.

The young players now Know what can happen when you execute and block when you are suppose to and I will agree that this team does possess more confidence, but hardly anything to hang your hat on, unless these young guys can use the expereince of the first three games and use it to their advantage. They need to set the stage early right from the first snap, that of high intensity and a physical presence.

All that experience means nothing if the young guys have not learned from it.

Plus, you can never be overconfident, as long as you remain focused on the results that you seek. If the players are prepared and are focused, then the confidence they build-up should help them get the results they seek. They must work harder then the other team and out execute them.

Back to the top

This is a though game to predict - both teams will be hungry for a win.

Both side of the ball have shown some signs that they could be solid units - the defense especially. The offense could have it's biggest day on Thursday and FAU fans should witness plenty of scoring - YES from FAU. The defense should recoup from Saturday and play solid to anchor a victory for us.

I look for us to have a solid game on both sides with a few miscues, but overall a solid preformance.

FAU 38 - ULM 13
Back to the top

This is a winnable game for FAU. I think the players will come out hungry and they will do well since they have been playing against much better competition. It will make the UL Monroe team seem slower, weaker, and less of threat. FAU has grown stronger as a result of their three losses. For that reason I say FAU will walk away with a nice victory. FAU 24 ULM 10. GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

its the 2nd home game, that normally = WIN
Back to the top

Bytor, owlfan1 just summed up my comment about being overconfident. Just stepping on the field with the upgraded competition can make these guys feel overconfident. They have played some good competition. True, they have to learn and grow from each game. However from a player's standpoint it's very easy to to feel that "we hung with bigger teams" and UL Monroe should be easier.

That false sense of security will get you blasted. Even at home. Should they be confident in their abilities? Yes. Should they feel "above" UL Monroe. No. But they have to feel better about their chances in this game here than the previous three teams.

They need to settle in and play good on both sides of the ball.
Back to the top

O.G. I think you are right that as strange as it sounds, three losses can breed overconfidence. My point was that they should have learned a great deal from the three losses (often times you learn more from a loss than from a win). This SHOULD help them against ULM. It all depends upon how they handle it. I definitely don't think that they will get physically beat up like they did against Minnesota.

On another note, why isn't Minnesota a top 25 team?? They looked very good against us. If they had wanted to they probably could have racked up 80 points. Their run offense is outstanding. Look for them to finish in the top 15…maybe the top 10. GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

Schnellenberger said it best about playing top tier teams. "Our need is to play with the stronger teams now so that we can cover the gap between us and them as fast as we can." This also allows FAU to cover the gap against SBC teams. GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

I agree with you owlfan1. Those games should instill some type of "go get-em" in the youngsters.

I've read in a few publications that Minn haven't played anyone yet?!? They sure look like a top 25 team to me when they whipped up on Tulsa and Colorado State!
Back to the top

I am not disagreeing with you OG, but the way we got whip in Minnesota must have brought those guys down a couple notches. You can be as competive as you want with the top teams but closing the deal ( A Victory) is another thing. We are making way to many mental mistake for the guys to be over confident and I just hope they learned from how Minnesota approached the game against FAU - they where all business, they had a game plan and they executed it regardless of who they where lining up against. They came out with great intensity & energy - our guys didn't, I got the feeling they where a little star struck, which can happen with a young team - then again it's rather hard when you are getting runned over.

Yes, playing those three game is huge for are guys as far as building confidence, but I hope they realize (like Minnesota felt before playing us) that they still have much to improve on to over look anyone.

I do believe the coaching staff will be on top of this, how the players react, I guest will find out on Thursday.

Plus, the offense has done enough to be remotely overconfident about.

Back to the top
Control functions: