Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Predict the ULM game attendance

We have another Thursday night game this week. How many people do you think will show up?

If it is near 10k our program will have a lot of trouble averaging the 15k needed to be bowl eligible.

Fortunately I have noticed some banners posted in the Breezeway. Hopefully they will help.
Back to the top

I haven't been contacted by anyone else from FAU regarding corporate tickets or specials like they did for the OK game. It's a shame coz I think FAU shound hound the local business for support. I work at the Boca Resort and I can distribute the info to over 2400 employees.

To be honest I haven't seen a strong advertising campaign what so ever…
Back to the top

The marketing is definitely lacking. We make a strong push to play with the big boys but do very little to encourage attendance.

There needs to be a major league blitz of local businesses. Lockhart is in a great location for a family to have a cheap night taking the kids out.

Who is in charge of this at FAU and why does it seem like nobody cares?
Back to the top

I see no signs, marketing effort or whatever in central Palm Beach County. I really wish there was some sort of marketing effort here (other than an ad in the back of the Post sports section).

My FAU lawn sign is in the yard.

Back to the top

I did see an ad in the PPB in yesterday sports section advertising the ULM game.
Back to the top

I hate to say it but I really don't see what has been done that is going to dramatically increase attendence over last year. I think that realistically we will be sub 8000 but all six of my seats will have butts in them so who knows. :-/
Back to the top

ESPN Radio also has been advertising this game for the past several weeks.

The fact that the game is on Thursday may not be helping and with the Florida Marlin fighting for a play-off spots is not helping much either ???
Back to the top

Where can I get a couple of those lawn signs?

I live across from a school in Boca so maybe I can get some of the families attention…

OG, Bytor

Do you know who is in charge of marketing? Whats the scoop?
Back to the top

I'd like to know that too. I have seen a couple around my office but I don't want to take one from a heavily traffic'd area just for my yard.
Back to the top

I think realistically 8,000-10,000 is what you'll see. I agree that more marketing is definetly needed, but it needs to be made a priority by the athletic dept. in full.
Money needs to be spent to get an effective campaign and it's money that I'm not sure they have. You can get the word out to the public all you want, but it's up to them to go out to the stadium. I have always thought that they need to make getting students out to the game the #1 priority. You have a captive audience on campus (those who live on campus) of about what 3,000-5,000 students? More? Get buses, make them want to go out to the games, get them excited about it. That would increase the atmosphere in Lockhart and make others (alumni, sports fans, etc.) want to get out there. With the exception of the playoff game, the atmosphere at Lockhart has been non-existent.

This will also take time. The first class that was around when football was born is either just graduated or graduating this year. There is no tradition yet. In time, if the team continues to be successful, it will eventually come, just give it another 4 years and I think you'll really start seeing a jump. In the meantime, get all your friends and family out there!
Back to the top
Control functions: