Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Waiting on the Horizon.....Louisville's D

Dumervil leads list of pass-rushing monsters

By Todd McShay
Scouts, Inc.
Archive

Louisville DE Elvis Dumervil's nine-sack, two-game start to the 2005 season has gobbled up the headlines – and rightfully so. But Dumervil is not the only one causing sleepless nights for offensive coaches across the country. The following is a breakdown of the 10 most feared pass rushers that college football has to offer right now:

1. Elvis Dumervil, DE, Louisville Just one month ago, Dumervil would not have made this list. Now the Louisville senior defensive end headlines it. Eight sacks as a junior is nothing to snub your nose at, but Dumervil already has one more sack this year in two game than he had in all of 2004. Dumervil lacks height (6-0) but he is a quick, with long arms, good power and impressive burst. He also shows a solid variety of speed and power moves to rush the quarterback. Dumervil's six-sack opener against Kentucky is legendary, but his three-sack performance versus Oregon State might be more impressive. After all, the Beavers had a full week to gameplan for Dumervil and he still wreaked havoc with three sacks, six tackles and two forced fumbles. Regardless, his nine sacks in the first two games of the season established a new NCAA record for the most sacks in consecutive games, breaking the old mark held by Georgia Tech's Pat Swilling (8). Up next: the pursuit of former Arizona State star Terrell Suggs' NCAA record of 24 sacks in a season (2002).
Back to the top

I wonder if they could put an over and under line for how many sack he will get agaisnt the Owls
Back to the top

There's probably a Vegas line on that already. I wonder what it is…

I saw that guy line up on both ends RDE and LDE in a game before! Just like LB Lawrence Taylor used to do for the G-Men! That's not too common for DE's to do that. Either OL Faulk or OL Wilson have their work cut out for them. Dangston will have to help out in this case!
Back to the top

Embick is going to be carted off the field in a freakin' stretcher. This is one game I can't bear to watch. The score is gonna be something retarded.
Back to the top

They avg a LOT of points! Like someone said in another thread, maybe UL will take it easy since coach Schnelly was a big part of their building process.
Hopefully they will rest the starters to get ready for the better part of conference play
Back to the top

It will be ugly no doubt, but I will be watching just to see how hard our guys will be working agaisnt a very tough opponent.

David and Goliath - I'm not so sure we qualify as a David, but what the heck, any given Saturday.
Back to the top

Easy boys, I don't know if anyone is watching Louisville play right now buuuut….if we play like USF in the first half, we may only lose by 24!
Back to the top

21-0 USF!!!!!!!!
Back to the top

The D was non existent tonight. USF just outplayed them all night. They had screens and quick hitches to neutralize the blitz.

On defense USF also put pressure on QB Brohm by blitzing often and from all sides! LB's and CBs were in his face! He never got a chance to get untracked.

It will be interesting to see how we match up.
Back to the top

O.G. many things that don't seem to exist for us but maybe with some adjustments we will start seeing a little of that. I hope anyway, it can make a difference in the game for sure.
Back to the top
Control functions: