Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

CAN WE HELP MARKET THE MTSU GAME?

I know it's a few weeks away but it's never too early to start. Is there something we can do from OWLSNEST to help market the game? We really need the attendance increase for the Middle Tenn game.
Maybe come up with some ideas in this thread and we can forward to the appropriate people? We have to keep them simple, not too expensive and can carry over to the last home game vs No Texas.

Also please remember to be tactful. Attacking or criticizing the department or individuals will not get us anywhere.

Any suggestions?
Back to the top

I asked this in another thread. Are any tickets given to radio stations to give away as promotions? I don't know what the response would be if this were tried. Concerts are promoted this way. This should be a no cost promotion. No cost in terms of money spent. Since a sell out is not expected there should be tickets available for promotions.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

There are some good ones in that other thread. I thought about cutting and pasting some of them before forwarding to FAU.

Thanks
Back to the top

Every one of us needs to write a little note to everyone in our e-mail address books and tell them to check out this game (for as little as $7) and they might become big fans. Make it a gathering of friends and family. Kind of drag them to it. They will likely come back on their own.

Back to the top

I would love to distribute some posters/flyers around my work with game and ticket info but the guy who contacted me for the OK game never called me back.

OG/Bytor: maybe you have a contact in this area?
Back to the top

Schnellenberger needs to go on the marketing offensive for these last two games like they did for the last game last year.
By the way, how many can fit in Lockhart?
Back to the top

I think Lockhart fits around 25,000 people. It's very strange the way the end zones are too wide and extend into places not very conducive to football game watching.

Does anyone know what happened to the electronic scoreboard. Did they just say the heck with it? Could they put in a sound system that didn't crackle and sound like it's exploding when music is played through it. Are those little amenities too much to ask from the landlord?

Back to the top

You have to remember that the stadium is owned by the City of Fort Lauderdale, and that it was converted into a soccer-specific stadium by the Fusion owner when they were around, so it's really not conducive for football. Plus, the City were talking about knocking it down just recently, so they're not going to put any money into it any time soon. Don't expect any improvements this season for sure.

Capacity is 20,450. That's the reason I KNOW there wasn't 11,000-plus people there on Thursday, because if that stadium was over half-full, my name is Schnelly.
Back to the top

Lockhart Stadium:

Date Built: 1959
Ownership: City of Fort Lauderdale
Capacity: 20,450
Surface: Grass (FIFA-regulation pitch 75 yards by 116)
Cost of Construction: $5 million renovation in 1998
Address: 5201 NW 12th Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33309
Telephone Number : (954) 202-3420
Tenants: Florida Atlantic University

See:
http://www.collegegridirons.com/sunbelt/LockartStadium.htm
Back to the top

I definitely agree about the marketing coming from this direction with our ideas.

Grassroots is where it will have to start for the Owls.

A couple of ideas to forward on.

A relief type of entrance fee to benefit hurricane afflicted areas. nonperishable food, water etc.

Posters/flyers to post in offices with contact info to buy tickets. Hell, since I work for ADT and we sponsor FAU, it'd be easy for me to put some flyers up in my office and see what I could do down at the Tyco building.

I think the radio idea is awesome. Evan Cohen (sp?) from ESPN radio is an announcer for our games so we could probably get him to give away tickets. Also, one of my fraternity brothers works for one of the larger local radio stations, so I'm pretty positive we could get him to peddle some.

STUDENT INCENTIVE!!!

That's what really needs to be done. Answer this question for the student population and you've got instant attendance,

"Why should I not go to the beach/mall/whatever to drive 25 minutes to watch a football game?"

Free tickets obviously are not enough. Need a bigger buzz about the free bus rides and maybe some type of free beer deal or discount for students who are of age.

Looking forward to next season….

A discounted season ticket package if you purchase before a certain date with current season ticket holders getting priority. Most major sports teams due this so it must do well.

Just my two cents. Hopefully the right people see this and can do something with it. If anyone needs to contact me, drop me a PM and I'll send you my contact info.
Back to the top
Control functions: