Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

question to administrators on posting

Add topic

Is there an option on this or any boards to chose how the posts stack, i.e. newest on top or newest at the end. Obviously now the newest go on the end.

On some of the larger threads, the newest posts are 3 or more pages deep. I just wondered if adding to the top would be easier.

I know some of the public forums like Yahoo Groups the administrator can chose certain options on the appearance and how the site works. I wondered if what I suggested is an option.

Just a suggestion.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Your newest don't show on top if it's unread? My newest post shows on the top as "new". Once it's read, the "new" logo will disappear and it will remain there until another unread post hits the board. Then that unread post is listed as "new" on the very top.

Is yours like that?
Back to the top

When I open a thread I have to scroll down through all the previous posts to the bottom of the page to find the most current post. If the thread has more than one page, I have to flip over to the last page, then scroll down to the bottom to find the current post.
Is this something I can adjust on my screen?

Back to the top

Ahhh..I see what you're saying now. You're talking about each post inside of each thread.

I don't know if we can adjust that function or not. I can check with the ProBoards admin guys.
Back to the top

I left a post for the admin of the Proboards. Someone else told me that you can't do it. I don't recall seeing it that way in my travels on any boards. Even Rivals.com or any other college/highschool boards.

I'll keep you informed of what they say.
Back to the top

Got 3 response tonight. This is the most definitive one.
Sorry

Read On:

Re: rearrange replies WITHIN the threads?
? Reply #3 on Today at 20:48 ?

It's not possible to reorder the posts that way, no. To be specific, a ridiculously long and complicated code could be used to reverse the order of posts on a single page, but posts from page 2 could not be displayed on page 1 so it would only work for single-page threads.

In all fairness there are some other forum systems that have the option you're describing, but whever it is enabled the members usually complain about it because they don't know what's going on.

Back to the top

Thanks anyway OG. It was just a suggestion. I thought it might be easier for the newest post to be on top so when you open the thread it is right there.

Back to the top
Control functions: