Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Walk-on

Dont know if anyone remembers me here, I came on asking for information about walking on at FAU. In my quest to walk on i suffered a back injury that required surgery and have gone from 5'11 215lbs of muscle to just 175 lbs. I am currently a student at FAU but did not get a chance to walk on to the team. My questions are:

1) does being a student but not playing football take away from your football eligability?

2) Is there a site that has deadlines that I could be aware of for walking on, and maybe steps that I could take to make this process happen

I would really appreciate the help fellas, my dream is to play football for coach S and the Owls…I have had a dramatic set back but I am currently getting restarted in a workout routine to help build my strength back.
Back to the top

Walk-on

Too bad about the injury. I don't want to sound like a broken record but I suggested this before.

Pay a visit to the NCAA Compliance Officer at FAU. He will have all the answers for you regarding your eligibility. I've spoken with him before and he's a very knowledgeable person in that area.
Back to the top

Walk-on

O.G I really do appreciate your help, and I also hate to sound like a brokemn record. The reason I came on here once again is because I went to the Oxley center and asked about the NCAA compliance officer and the young lady at the service desk had no idea what i was talking about. I will continue to try to find information on what to do, I do fear they will take one look at me and determine me a waste of time in giving me there help....
Back to the top

Walk-on

Walk-on

No problem. Glad to see that your are not giving up. Hopefully someone(rookie) was sitting in for the veteran admin asst up stairs. They would have known about this. Especially after the 2001 Kickoff debacle with Slippery Rock when we found out just before kick off that 13 players were ineligible!!

Here's the info you need:

If you can, go by and speak with Coach Van. His office is up stairs with the other coaches. He handles the students affairs for the team. He can answer the questions right away. I know that we lost at least two guys because they were enrolled at previuos schools which had football teams. Although they didn't play it still counted toward a year of NCAA eligibility.

OR contact:

Associate AD
NCAA Compliance Officer
Ed Hayward
[email protected]
1-561-297-2992

Call or stop by and talk to him. I don't think that his office is in the Oxley Center.

Keep me informed.
Back to the top

Walk-on

FYI, if you are enrolled as a full-time student, then your eligibility clock is ticking.
Back to the top
Control functions: