Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Could it be coming together?

This was from todays official web site and show some signs of encouragement.
"The Owls continued their preparation for Saturday's showdown on Wednesday afternoon at the Tom Oxley Athletic fields. FAU held an intense practice, while implementing its game-plan for the Cardinals.

The Owls offensive front did an excellent job in creating lanes for running backs: DiIvory Edgecomb, Charles Pierre, and Dominick Walker during scrimmage play.

During one-on-one drills, Florida Atlantic quarterbacks Danny Embick and McKinson Souverain completed intermediate passing routes at a high level of consistency."

Back to the top

Speaking of the running game. I've looked thorugh the roster and noticed a RB, good size, Bobby Dorsainvil. Anyone know anything about him? He been red shirted, had good high school stats. 5'11" 225. Just curious. He's the size of the RB, what his name, from Minnesota.
Is he any good?

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

I don't know about that RB? We have a few good ones out there. It would be nice to have a big back like Minnesota's Maroney.

UL have one that's 250+. Saw him play against USF Saturday.
Back to the top

Everyone keeps saying that Maroney is big. He is about 6'0" 205. He isn't big, he is powerful and fast and he punishes defenders. Minnesota's number two back has more size. He goes about 5'11" 225.

I think we definitely need some more punch from the RB position. FAU has consistently recruited undersized backs with pretty good speed. The coaches need to start looking at backs that have the potential to play at 215lbs or bigger. That means kids that are 205 or bigger out of high school. GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Right before the Minnesota game I posted that Maroney isn't all that big. Someone from Minnesota made a visit to this board and set everyone straight that Maroney had gained 15 lbs since the 2004 season. That would put him 220-225.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top
Control functions: