Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Huge AREA high school linemen!!!

I hope that FAU is looking at some of these guys!! You never know who may want to play close to home and have a shot at starting. Some will still look at leaving and spending a season or two on the bench at an out of state school.. :-/

Read On:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/highschools/content/sports/epaper/2005/09/27/a1c_bigmen_0927.html
Back to the top

C'mon, 6-2 420lbs. That is FAT. That guy will never make it to the next level. That kid is bound to have serious heart problems before his 21st birthday. Based on the photos in the article, most of the guys look far too fat to be healthy. A guy who is 330lbs on a 6-3 frame at 18 years of age is not healthy. FAU should recruit guys that are in the 280-290 pound range. It gives them the opportunity to put weight on in college. Weight can always be added, height can't. All other things equal, a guy who is 6-5 270 is a much better bet than a guy who is 6-2 330. Just my opinion. GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Yeah, the 6'2 guy is fat. But the others you mentioned will get into college and then tone up that fat. It happens all the time. You don't always put on in college. Some coaches would rather have you tone up or lose the weight than get them in undersized and put on.
That 6'3 330 guy can get down to 300lbs and still be successful. We have to remember also that they still are growing when they get into college. He may end up at 6'5 305+ by his senior year.
Back to the top

O.G., I agree, the other guys will get in. The 420lb guy won't even get a look from a 1-A school.

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

I agree OwlFan, The 280lb guy I'm sure has as much muscle on his frame as the guy 330 plus he's got more stamina and quickness.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top
Control functions: