Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

WE HAVE TO GO 3-4 RECIEVERS & SHOTGUN

With such a young line we have to have more targets for Danny to throw to when scambling!! The pro set offense will not work if you can't run. Since the "pocket" is virtually non-existant we have to have a moving pocket and more than 2 targets for the QB. WAKE UP HOWARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ::) ::)OR WHOEVER IS IN CHARGE?
Back to the top

It will be interesting to see how long we stick with the pro-set offense.

The shotgun? We did utilize it some during the 2002 season when EVERY linemen got hurt throughout the season!
Back to the top

IMO, at one point we are going to have to make other corrections - right now the coaches are trying to improve the blocking, reading of the blitzes- which is fine, but I agree that something must be done do help relieve the pressure the OL & Danny are being put in time after time - a band aid just is ain't doing the job and now that the line just got younger :P

We should have a bunch of three or four step drops plays and mix-in some plays out of the shot guns to mix thing up. Why not spread the field a bit too - keep the D guessing a bit and have them second guest themselves as when to blitz - and do expect them to blitz on 3rd and long and run some plays to counter it.

I have a feeling that the coaches may lack confidence in the OL & offense in general and are keeping things simple, so we are becoming to predictable in the process, making us vunerable to the blitzes.

I do feel for the coaches - they have their hands full just to have an OL ready to play and to eliminate mental mistakes on top of that - can you blame them for trying to keep things simple for the young guys.

This is why I believe is you have quick set plays you take out the decision making Danny would have to make under pressure.
Back to the top

Gotta go shotgun and some extra recievers or we will be very embarbarrased. 100 - 0
Back to the top

Can we give June Jones a call and ask him to borrow the Hawaii playbook for a little while? I see Embick as being our Timmy Chang, and we have the speed at receiver just like they did.
Back to the top

C'mon guys - young line = basically 0 - line. Practice the defence rushing thru some cones and figure out your offense the rest of the year. Coaches need to say " I'm sorry we didn't get some juco guys so we didn't totally sacrifice the season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ??? Drop the play action —–DUH!!!!
Back to the top
Control functions: