Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

No. Texas vs Troy ESPNU 10/4 7:30

Chance to see two upcoming opponents.
Back to the top

Middle of 2nd Q.. So far sloppy, sloppy game
Back to the top

I have to agree with you HOTEL.

It makes FAU's future seems even brighter in the Sun Belt.
Back to the top

both teams lines appear bigger than ours. that is a critical area for our program, size and strength in the trenches.
Back to the top

Some were actually a little bigger than our guys. But experience and competition in this league should be more comparable for FAU. Some top 50 RB somewhere may be thinking about the chance to shine in early and come to FAU. Coach Schnell's name still have some clout out in the college world.

I know FAU still need the "W" this year but can you just imagine this team next year!
Back to the top

Congrats BMarkey on the victory!
Back to the top

I was at the game, on the sidelines. Both teams were big.

It would have been a blowout if Troy could have figured out how to score from the red zone. There wetre so many missed opportunities, but Troy seemed to have the game in hand much of the time.

I saw an FAU flag flying from atop NT's stadium. The North Texas campus is nice (something like 30,000 students), it has a good tailgating atmosphere, the Dallas-Fort Worth area is fun and the people are very friendly.

That said, NT's stadium is good sized but kind of a dump (like San Jose State's facility, former home of the Silcon Valley bowl). The two main sides are old and ragged (with troughs in the men's room), ticket booths are in trailers, the end zones are bascially metal stands and the club level areas are temporary. A track casues the fans to be way back from the action and the noise lower (although it got loud last night).

The stadium is in a great location, right on the freeway, and the good news is it will be rebuilt soon across the road. The field turf is new but very course (kind of like the "astro turf" you would find at someone's front door - the kind you wipe the botom of your shoes with). Even kneeling on it was painful. And it's only a year or so old.

The students really got into this game - loud, body painted, etc. NT put on a nice fireworks show after the game (and cut out the lights as Troy coach Larry Blakeney was being interviewed on line national TV)!

Several NT alumni said they were planing to come to Florida for the FAU game. They have circled the Owls contest as a must win.

Back to the top

I've posted my photo gallery from the Troy-North Texas game.

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

http://www.palmswestpr…s_NT_1_10_04_05/index.htm

Enjoy!

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top
Control functions: