Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

PREDICTIONS: FAU vs Lafayette

Been a weird SunBelt year folks. Looking at the results from the past several weeks it's truly can be "Any Given Saturday".

FAU 20

ULL 15
Back to the top

Not only is the SBC race pretty much wide open, having one loss this year doesn't neccessaryly means you are out of the race, but does put more pressure on the rest of the games and puts them as must win games - is that to much to ask for from a young unproven teams?

This is a tough one to predict:

Is Nord going to continue to try and run the pro-style offense (being stubborn) or will he at least consider running quick set plays and take advantage of Embicks mobility. I like what we did at the beggining of the game agaisnt UL, we should do something very similar the ENTIRE game, it was working - the running game will evolve if we continue to move the ball with the passing game.

The defense will have to do a better job of containing the running game.

Overall I do believe this will be a victorious trips on the road for the new hacthlings and will get this second half going on a positive note.

I am concerned however that this is our Third thursday night game in only six games, but could prove that third times is a charm.

FAU 24 UL 17
Back to the top

I don't see the offense putting up big numbers. I think FAU will play solid defense, if the coaches drop the soft zone coverage. The defense is good for one score in this game and the offense will struggle but will manage to put two touchdowns and two field goals on the board. That puts FAU at 27 points. ULL will play a good game and move the ball. Expect some big plays against FAUs defense. I think FAU will pull out the first win of the season in a dog fight that will greatly resemble the ULM game. However, this time FAU ends up on top because of a key defensive touchdown. FAU 27 ULL 24

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

This game can really be a measuring stick for us. I know you can't really compare stats from other games but I'm sure we can look at it anyway.
Team 1 beat Team two who lost to team 3 who beat team 1.

Hopefully Nord opens up the game with some of the Louisville calls. That's what kept us in the game until they figured it out. That plus a butt chewing by their coach at halftime.

Maybe they will take us lightly.. 8-)
Back to the top

They guys need to win one to gain some confidence. A little confidence goes a long way.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

I can see this game going one of two ways…

1: FAU changes up their style of OFFENSIVE PLAYS to better match the players so that our passing game can come back from games the likes of which brought Embick 299 yards and touchdowns VS Kansas… IF this happens and we evolve the offense then… FAU wins 35-21

2: FAU plays the same moves it has been playing. UL-Lafayette having actually watched our past games finds our weaknesses and exploits them, once again taking stabs at Embick like UL-Monroe did to possibly upend him out of the game… IF this happens… ULL wins 24-21

Needless to say, I am hoping situation #1 turns out to be the way of the game and the offense gets in gear finding the style it needs to play just as Bytor suggested also during our starting time vs UL. PLEASE Go Offense - Coaches teach them the style to get the W!

Go Owls!!!!!
Back to the top

FAU wins a close one 20-17
Back to the top

This is from the Post.

Article
Read On:

The Owls mixed up the run and the pass and cut down on mistakes to move the ball effectively.

"It's what we are capable of doing if we have everybody on the same page," Owls quarterback Danny Embick said.

Schnellenberger wants to see the trend continue against the Ragin' Cajuns (1-3).

"I was very pleased to score 10 points against a good football team and to move the ball well," Schnellenberger said. "We could have kept doing that if they hadn't gotten so far out in front."

Back to the top

The papers quoted the odds yesterday as Louisiana - Lafayette 6 over the Owls. Today, it was listed as 'OFF.' Anyone know why the oddsmakers pulled the posting? Injury or something?
Back to the top

The QB was questionable. I thought he was good to go as of yesterday?
Back to the top
Control functions: