Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

REPORT CARD. LAFAYETTE

Copy and paste the categories in your reply post.

QB

RB

WR

O-Line

D-Line

LB

Secondary

Special Team

Coaching
Back to the top

REPORT CARD. LAFAYETTE

QB: A+
Danny (HEMBRICK EMBRICK) Embick played a very smart game. Great choices and decisions making. That key 1st down run late in the game was very timely.

RB: A
That slow start just made them both very hungry. Nice runs

WR: B+
Porter and Simeon came through with great catches. The bobbled TD could have been a downer for him but he came right back. Now Dangston?

O-Line:A
I'll give this because they started recognizing the stunts which ULL was employing. That's not easy folks. They were coming from many different angles and the youngsters picked up on it. Deserving of a high grade for quick learning.

D-Line: B+
That 1st and 2nd drive was a nightmare. They started to tackle the man with the ball instead of going for the automatic fake.

LB:A-
Also great game after a slow start. They stopped trying to strip the ball and it showed with some nice hits! The INT was huge by Earls!

Secondary:B
They didn't have a busy night. But they came through when needed.

Special Team:C+
Punt and FG team still need some work. KR started in decent Field position.

Coaching: A
Yep. That's for making the right adjustments. They saw the defense and played well into the scheme. The D played smart and steady w/o many mental breakdowns. They were in the right place most of the time. Nice to see DC Hoza smiling on the sidelines. Or was it the OC hoza?

Sideline remarks: The announcement team was TERRIBLE!
Back to the top

REPORT CARD. LAFAYETTE

Yeah the announcement team was pretty horrible. They didn't do their homework and it showed! Let this be a lesson to you kids out there! ;DLOL!!
Back to the top

REPORT CARD. LAFAYETTE

ARod, did you hear one say that this was the 1st Thursday night game for FAU?

Supposedly coach Schnelly said it to him?
Back to the top

REPORT CARD. LAFAYETTE

Overall, a great performance. FAU really turned some heads. The run game looked good, Embick was great, the receivers made some big plays, and the defense played a solid game. FAU is right back in the hunt for the SBC title. Overall, a very good performance. GO OWLS!!!

Side note: I thought the announcers did a good job of giving FAU a lot of credit. They were better than some of the announcers for past FAU games.

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

REPORT CARD. LAFAYETTE

O.G. said

ARod, did you hear one say that this was the 1st Thursday night game for FAU?

Supposedly coach Schnelly said it to him?

I questioned the validity of alot of their statements. I didn't know what to separate as truth or hearsay. I heard the statement about supposed "1st Thursday night game"?!? Didn't you guys play 2 Thursday nighters before this game already? ??? Go figure? And did they say they named the stadium at Louisville after the coach? Last I checked, I thought it was the football complex. What bumbling idiots! Kinda glad I didn't hear the call of the game for the FIU-ASU game. I was at a watch party and the volume wasn't high enough! ;D
Back to the top

REPORT CARD. LAFAYETTE

So I was spared the very lame play-by-play announcement of the game :D

I happen to catch the game while playing a Poker tournament so I only caught action between hands.

Here I are my thoughts about the game instead of giving individuals grades - hopefully OG can get over it ;)

I was impressed with the offense on our first drive to answer UL very quick scoring drive, made it look way to easy to score on us :P This drive accomplished two things IMO, gave our D time to settle down a bit and get their heads together to and make the adjusments they needed. If the offense goes three and out we could have easily giving up another easy TD and be down 14-0 in no time. Plus, the drive burned some time off the clock and help establish a very well balance drive give the offense some nice momentum & confidence.

Overall the offense did a great job moving the ball all night, I was surprised that we carried the ball 50 time on the ground. I was concerned at the begginning that we could not finish the drives - three missed field goals, not good, felt we we doing all the things we needed to win, but instead we did ecverything to keep UL in the game and giving them a chance to win the game ( remember ULM - we gave them the same opportunities to win a game we could have taken control of).

Then the offense got the monkey off their back and was able to put the ball in the end-zone after all those missed opportunities (not only in this game, but all previous games combined) and there have been way to many. After the second TD it seemed automatic, the guys did an awsome job of finishing drives - thumbs up to the entire offensive units and Danny especially to finally getting his reward for his patience and his resiliency - two thumbs up Danny. This game could have easily been a blow-out (42-10) and in my eyes the preformance is deserving of that.

Two thumbs up to the defense for making the proper adjustments and settling down and making the plays needed to give the offense time to finish those drives.

Two thumbs down to Special teams - sorry but they are $ucking big time - maybe we have been spoilled by some very good special teams effort in the past, they just have been horrible - they will prove to be our archilles heel this season unless the offense can do enough in every game to make this unit a none factor, I just hope that is the case. Kennard has the leg to boot those 50-yarders, thu - Brown however need a good butt kicking :P

Overall the team gets two thumbs up form me, but the grade for team preformance is only a B-, because special teams $ucked so bad, it brought the grading curve down so bad, I had to make adjustment to the curve to give the grade I did - it should have been A++.

The guys have been fighting some tough battles lately and I am seeing them come together nicely as a unit - as usual, these guys fight to the end, this should give them the much needed confidence boost they need - the pressure is now off, getting that first win hard and should help get the guys more focus on each individaul games now that the first win is under their belt.

Great job guys.

Go Owls!!
Back to the top

REPORT CARD. LAFAYETTE

REPORT CARD. LAFAYETTE

Bytor,
I give you two thumbs up, a snap and a circle for your report.. ;D

See you Saturday.
Back to the top
Control functions: