Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

What is a Ragin Cajun?

Anyone know the story behind this ridiculous college nickname? If this has already been discussed on the message board i apologize.
Back to the top

What is a Ragin Cajun?

I think its like the assistant coach in the Waterboy movie.
Back to the top

What is a Ragin Cajun?

Right now I'd say A very upset person from the Bayou.
Back to the top

What is a Ragin Cajun?

I have no idea the meaning of it, but I remember reading something about it being voted one of the best nicknames in the country. It's weird but it's damn original, i'll give them that.

Panthers on the Rise
Back to the top

What is a Ragin Cajun?

Perhaps a pepper?

I saw a big pepper drawing on the stadium.
Back to the top

What is a Ragin Cajun?

I can't tell if you guys are really kidding or not but… A cajun (also know as a coonass) is a southern Louisana resident of French (Acadian) heritage. Very proud and independant people with a deep sense of tradition and the ability to create the most fantastic food on this planet. Ragin, is self explanatory.. As a cajun living here in the 6th borough of New York (Boca), I sometimes really miss Louisana…lol
Back to the top

What is a Ragin Cajun?

Of course if I could spell Louisiana correctly I would feel much better too...LOL
Back to the top

What is a Ragin Cajun?

Isn't there such a thing, though, as a Cagun pepper? Why is there a giant pepper painted on the stadium?

:)

Back to the top

What is a Ragin Cajun?

HOTEL said

I can't tell if you guys are really kidding or not but… A cajun (also know as a coonass) is a southern Louisana resident of French (Acadian) heritage. Very proud and independant people with a deep sense of tradition and the ability to create the most fantastic food on this planet. Ragin, is self explanatory.. As a cajun living here in the 6th borough of New York (Boca), I sometimes really miss Louisana…lol

HA! Your comment on Boca being the 6th borough of NY is hilarious. That is the exact reason why I moved away from South Florida.

GO OWLS!!
Back to the top

What is a Ragin Cajun?

What is a Ragin Cajun?

Isn't there a healthy NY population in CA? I know Jolly Wood CA is full of New Yorkers. Thats where most of the actors were born.
I must say though, Illinois is the first place I have lived where New Yorkers are rare. It could be this part of Illinois. You might find more near Chicago. I live 3 hours south of Chicago.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top
Control functions: