Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Middle Tenn Message Board/News

Back to the top

Anyone watch the video of that block? You would have though they'd have won the national championship, not beaten a school that went 6-29 from 2002-04!
Back to the top

I saw the video. They were pretty happy.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

GhostOfBuchanan said

Anyone watch the video of that block? You would have though they'd have won the national championship, not beaten a school that went 6-29 from 2002-04!

No, what we did was beat a preppy private school located 30 minutes up the interstate that just so happened to be going for it's first 5-0 start since 1943.

And that team that went 6-29 from 2002-2004 would have absolutely drilled Florida Atlantic. That's a fact.
Back to the top

I don't know why I'm taking this bait but anyway…..FAU didn't get "absolutely drilled" by Oklahoma State or Kansas. So I don't know why you would think the preppy private school located 30 minutes up the interstate that went 6-29 from 2002-2004 would have done better than those 2 Big 12 schools.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Do you know the definition of a fact? How can a fact be something that would or might happen? Here is a list of facts:

1. We're 2-0 vs. you lot
2. You've never defeated us
3. Both games were at your place
4. You scored 7 points in each of your first three games this season.
5. That's 21 points in total, 7 less than we scored on Thursday.
Back to the top

BRP is a little over zealous at times, but he's got heart and we all have to respect that. ;)

Vanderbilt is currently tied for first in the SEC East with two SEC wins. With two more wins, they will go bowling. They will most likely win at least one more SEC game, I believe they will win two more. You guys do have our number. I believe that being located where you are is going to make it hard to keep up with you guys in recruiting. You are obviously already on our level. I posted a prediction in another thread with my analysis. Our defense has really good stats and most of the teams we have played so far are better than FAU IMO, with the one exception being N. Texas. That's no slam. Alabama and Vandy are in the SEC and Akron will win the MAC this year or at least come close. I could be wrong, but I think we have too mcuh going at this point; our D is outstanding, our O is getting better every game. Good luck next weekend.

MT 17
FAU 10
Back to the top

Blueraiderfan I stated in another post that this is going to be a very good game. Simply, FAU wants to keep the wins going and MTSU wants to bring it to an end. Should make for a good battle. See you on Saturday.
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

I don't know why I'm taking this bait but anyway…..FAU didn't get "absolutely drilled" by Oklahoma State or Kansas. So I don't know why you would think the preppy private school located 30 minutes up the interstate that went 6-29 from 2002-2004 would have done better than those 2 Big 12 schools.

::)

Would that be the same Kansas team who collected three wins this season against hapless competition that also include 1-AA Appalachian State and a bad Louisiana Tech team?

Kansas is to the Big 12 North what Vanderbilt is to the $EC East.

Now let's look at Oklahoma State, who just like Kansas is 3-2 on the season, 0-2 in conference play, and have collected at least one gimme win against FAU.

Other than pounding the Owls by 20 points, Oklahoma State collected a 5-point win over 1-AA Montana State and narrowly beat Arkansas State.

Right now Kansas sits second from the bottom in the Big 12 North and will likely change after taking on Iowa State later on this year. Oklahoma State currently sits dead last in the Big 12 South. The Cowboys can't even count on that annual win against Baylor this time.

So you see, IllinoisOwl, FAU did play Kansas less than two touchdowns. That bad OSU team pounded ya'll worse than that undefeated 'Bama team did to us.

So to answer your question. No, Florida Atlantic would not beat Vanderbilt and would likely lose by as similar a score as 1-AA Richmond did.
Back to the top

Thats some good stuff your puffin on blueraiderpride.

I like the thread titled "Photos FAU press conference" Real Class act
Back to the top
Control functions: