Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

MTSU

If MTSU has any talent it is because they have at least 18 Florida boys on the roster and I may have missed a couple.

They also have some big guys on the O and D lines. Several 300 pounders and numerous 280-290. I didn't notice any 225lb lineman like FAUs.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

MTSU

Their QB is from Florida. Smart kid. I saw him play in high school.
The RB we talked about last year, Suber, is from Fla. He's on the injured list now but may play Saturday. The promising DB, Jordan is from Fla.

There are a lot more but those guys I've seen and/or know personally.
Back to the top

MTSU

Yes, we have several from Florida and I'm glad! Florida puts out some excelent talent. I wish we could glean some talent from Texas as well. I remember when we didn't have ONE guy from Florida. Those were dark days lol.
Back to the top

MTSU

…and now you and Troy have a yearly pipeline into the state.

You're right. Texas also have a good talent base for players.
Back to the top

MTSU

Pipelines are cool.
Back to the top

MTSU

MTSU

Hopefully when FAU get a stadium(… :-/….), they will be able to keep more players here. I'm sure that you know the pecking order on how in-state schools work with Tenn right up the road. The Florida Big 3 (UF,FSU & Miami) occasionally leave some who want to stay home. FAU would love to compete with the big boys for recruits but reality says they have to take baby steps first. It's the 2nd tier type players who we need to keep home and then the top shelf guys make take notice.
Back to the top

MTSU

O.G. said

Hopefully when FAU get a stadium(… :-/….), they will be able to keep more players here. I'm sure that you know the pecking order on how in-state schools work with Tenn right up the road. The Florida Big 3 (UF,FSU & Miami) occasionally leave some who want to stay home. FAU would love to compete with the big boys for recruits but reality says they have to take baby steps first. It's the 2nd tier type players who we need to keep home and then the top shelf guys make take notice.

It doesn't help that you also have to contend with UCF and S. Florida, but being near the beach certainly doesn't hurt. The closest thing we have to a beach is Center Hill Lake lol. There is enough talent in Florida to keep you guys loaded for the Sunbelt.
Back to the top

MTSU

True. USF and UCF have a solid foot hold already in this recruiting pool. We do have to contend with them before we're ready for the other guys.

I was just shooting for the stars of the Big 3.. ;D
Back to the top
Control functions: