Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

MTSU Scouting Sportsline articles

Back to the top

Looks like their offense have a little catching up to do too. Sort of like ours. But I still like our defensive chances vs their offense.

Hopefully our O will keep it going from last week.
Back to the top

O.G. said

Looks like their offense have a little catching up to do too. Sort of like ours. But I still like our defensive chances vs their offense.

Hopefully our O will keep it going from last week.

And I like our defense's chances against your offense.

Check this out.

Stats obtained from FoxSports:

–Scoring Defense
*MTSU gives up an average of 18 points per game which is ranked and tied 22nd in the nation with the University of Tennessee-Knoxville.
*FAU gives up 33 points per game tied with Missouri at 101st in the nation.

–Rushing Defense
*MTSU has given up a total of 489 yards on the ground in four games which amounts to 122.3 yards per game. That ranks 41st in the nation.
*FAU gives up an average of 235.3 yards per game which is ranked 118th out of 119 Division 1-A schools. Only North Texas is ranked lower.

#Sidenote: MTSU freshman runningback Alex Suber will play Saturday. The former Tampa-Jefferson standout was injured in the game against UNT and hasn't played since.

–Passing Defense
*MTSU gives up on average 224.5 yards per game from the air. That's 57th in the nation. MTSU's secondary was ranked dead last in the nation last season.
*FAU give up 174.5 yards per game passing. Good enough to put the Owls secondary as the #22 best unit in the nation

If Florida Atlantic is to beat us they will have to do it from the air. Danny Embick has never had success against MTSU, so I like our chances.

Expect to see the Raiders run it alot. With Suber back in, it'll make FAU's line second guess who the ball is going to–Suber or Gross.
Back to the top

We are batting this around like a badmitten(sp?) birdie. See you on Saturday.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

I spoke with Alex on Friday night and he is really looking forward to this game! I'm sure FAU will be ready too.

Let's just throw out the stats and records. We all know that they came from OOC games with untested youngsters. You can't measure heart and intensity. Not even a Vegas Insider can pull that one off. This is two (almost)equal teams battling it out on the field. You have the experience but at least, now FAU is playing someone their own size.

It does make a difference.
Back to the top

your middle tenn. you've played and lost all but one game. you haven't given up a lot and haven't scored either.

if your record was reversed i could see all these stats being important but your still 1-4.

you lost to n.texas which is having a horrible season, their only win. where were you that saturday?
Back to the top

Despite posting a two-point victory over Vanderbilt in their last contest, the Blue Raiders struggled once again on offense, racking up a mere 209 total yards. The offensive unit, which only mustered 11 first downs, also struggled on third down, converting just 4-of-13 attempts. MTSU, which is averaging just 84.5 ypg on the ground, continued to struggle against Vandy, as the Blue Raiders racked up only 62 yards on 31 carries. Eugene Gross led the inept ground attack with 72 yards and one score on 19 totes. Gross has had trouble all season finding holes to run through and is currently averaging a team-best 66.8 ypg. While the ground game has struggled thus far, the passing attack has done little to help as the Blue Raiders are averaging just 155.5 ypg through the air. Clint Marks has completed 66.0 percent of his passes but for only 598 yards and has more interceptions (three) than touchdowns (two). Against Vanderbilt, Marks completed 14-of-22 pass attempts for 147 yards and he was sacked twice. The Blue Raiders need to score more then 9.5 ppg to be competitive, but to do so they need to churn out more than the 240.0 ypg they currently average.
Back to the top

your planning to score how?
Back to the top

If Florida Atlantic is to beat us they will have to do it from the air. Danny Embick has never had success against MTSU, so I like our chances.

Danny really hasn't played much against you.(lucky you)

Danny against middle tenn. in limited time!!!

8 of 9 passing for 69 yds :o :o ::)
Back to the top

I agree with markowl, how can these raider fans slam Danny Embick? when has he ever played a full game against them. A starting quarteback who has been prepping all year for a chance to start will be much better than a quarterback that steps in for a few downs. As the week goes by I'm learning how little all these MTSU fans know about the game of football. I can't wait for Fau to shut these guys up on Saturday.
Back to the top
Control functions: