Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

attendance?

attendance?

anyone have an early idea of what the attendance was?
Back to the top

attendance?

according to the FAU web site recap, the attendance was 10,117.
That is terrible after all the effort that went into promoting this.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

attendance?

Until they get it and build SOMETHING on campus, I can't see it getting much better. I go but I do not like lockhart. And I have quite a few people tell me they don't want to drive to Ft. Lauderdale to watch the team play.
Back to the top

attendance?

I talked to a couple of the parents of the recruit kids and they were a little concerned about the stadium. One of the parents said "This is like a glorified high school field". I agreed with him and said they are working on a new on campus stadium and when I mentioned the dome again the guy said that sounds great but will this thing satill be standing before they get the dome built.

Hotel you are 100% on the money when you said "Until they get it and build SOMETHING on campus, I can't see it getting much better."
Back to the top

attendance?

I actually thought that the crowd was significantly larger than the Monroe game. But I agree with the previous posters, an on campus stadium is really the only thing that will make a huge difference in boosting attendance. You'll see a much bigger student contingent and more casual fans from around the campus.

One problem I saw was a lot of people, probably a couple of hundred, hanging around outside the stadium at half time. I don't know if they ever into the stadium or if they had left, if they went back in.
Back to the top

attendance?

Attendance was far better then the ULM game - more students this time, the game being on a Sat. help those numbers.

I wouldn't worry about attendance, sponsors did buy 27,000 tickets before the season, which need to be counted with those attendance figures, this was one adjustment the NCAA made with the new attendance ruling - teams can now count the number of sold tickects as oppose to actual in attendance numbers, so we should fall within the 15,000 average or 60,000 in attendance by the end of the season.

There is no question that having a stadium on campus will help - I hear it all the time about having to drive to Lockhart, after I mention that it's only a 15 min drive from Glades - the preception is still Lauderdale.

We need something on campus, in Palm Beach County period.

I came to the game late ??? and there was a bunch of students outside the stadium still tailgating, far no many.

All I can say is we need to wait till after the season to see what the Commity that is reviewing the Dome proposal will do, I am sure that they are aware of the urgency that we are in and must trust that they will make the correct decision on the facilities that is needed in the nearest of future needs of this Athletic program. This is a very important chapter of this young program if there is hope of continued success.

This program needs a place they can call home and a place they can help shape the identity of this program.
Back to the top

attendance?

The other thing Bytor is that if FAU has two events that day, at different times (at FAU campus), with a stadium kids that may go to both just because of community (on campus) relationships. Example,I know someone who plays volleyball and you know someone who plays football. a percentage of people will go to both.

The other thing is that a lot of those kids would go just to scream, get crazy and have fun. Duh.

There is a sense of pride win or loose when you have a place of your own. I don't feel that at Lockhart and never have. You want attendance up, build something and it must be sooner rather than later.

Personally I think its a big bunch of BULL they are tying the off ramp to the stadium. Do they do that for the malls that have thousands moving in and out every minute of the day. Give me a break quit the damn politics and build the stadium

Back to the top

attendance?

The University does realize just that and the fact that Lockhart is not a long term or for that matter a short term solution or they wouldn't be trying like hell to get a Stadium done on campus - it is a very serious issue that has their fullest of attention, thus why they have a back-up plan for a temp. stadium if the Dome is not a viable option within a resonable time frame. Something will get done and I still think some type of decision will be made before the season ends ( or years end).

With all the politics, the financing and everything else involved, it just doesn't happen over night. And I know we all would like answers today, as to what will eventually happens and it's rather fustrating not knowing, we just have to remain hopefull that we do have the right people in place to get this thing done one way or the other.
Back to the top

attendance?

I made a lap around the parking area AFTER kick-off. There were a lot still tailgating. Some were there for the concert and others just wanted to stay outside and party.
Back to the top

attendance?

We've got to find a way to count all the tailgaiters as attending the game. Is it even possible?
Back to the top
Control functions: