Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

MTSU Post Game Comments

Boy did we suck. From the opening kick off that was nearly returned for a TD to the very end. I would have felt sorry for the defense, they looked exhausted at the end of game, however when you can't stop a team thats 3rd and long time after time you deserve to stay on the field. The offense that spent precious little time on the field couldn't do anything either. Can't wait to hear Schnelly's post game post mortum. I didn't see anything positive on the field or off the field for that matter. Attendence was pathetic too.
Back to the top

MTSU Post Game Comments

MTSU Post Game Comments

OldOwl said

Boy did we suck. From the opening kick off that was nearly returned for a TD to the very end. I would have felt sorry for the defense, they looked exhausted at the end of game, however when you can't stop a team thats 3rd and long time after time you deserve to stay on the field. The offense that spent precious little time on the field couldn't do anything either. Can't wait to hear Schnelly's post game post mortum. I didn't see anything positive on the field or off the field for that matter. Attendence was pathetic too.

I know that this game was fustrating, but I think we all have to keep telling ourselves how young this team. These tough losses will payoff next year and beyond.

It is obvious that they have to get stronger on both lines, and that will come as these kids grow up. So I wouldn't say there was nothing positive to take from this game. If nothing else it was another learning experience. The fact that we are competitive with these Sun Belt schools already with basically a team of freshman is encouraging.

Something I would like to see the remainder of the season is more of Sean Clayton. With a conference championship most likely out of reach now, i'd like to see next year's QB get a chance to play some meaningful series like Embick did in the 2nd quarter last year.
Back to the top

MTSU Post Game Comments

This game reflects the inconsistencies we need to expect from a young teams - which team will show up to play. MTSU came out much more prepared and ready to play then we did.

These are hard and painful lessons to learn for the team and I know just as painful for fans to watch the team struggle through these types of games, but we will see how much heart and fight the young Owl's have in them the rest of the season. IMO, this teams will find a way to fight back and they will continue to be inconsistent from game to game, but hopefully they continue to play hard regardless of the outcomes. The benefits of these hard knock lessons are not always evident right away, but will start to show benefit next season.

We just need to conitnue to show our support for the effort that they are giving, even if the results are not what we expect - this team does have and have shown
promise - this will be a very solid team in two years.
Back to the top

MTSU Post Game Comments

FAUOWLS44 I agree with the QB thing not only Clayton but I would like to see Souverin back in the play. I really think they are missing the boat with this kid. Regardless they both need to get game experience period. Use the rest of this season for training, IMO that will be the best for this young team now.
Back to the top

MTSU Post Game Comments

I agree that the youth is a hugh factor this year. There were a few key drops on 3rd down and some major gimme penalties that helped MTSU out. Take those away and the game would have been kept closer. The ints that Embick threw in the 4th were because MTSU forced us to air the ball since they shut down the run.
I also think we have a home field curse since Lockhart really isn't "home".
Chris Laskowski was at the game last night. I asked him about Indy or if he was perhaps going into NFL Europe or a develomental squad and he said was just working hard and waiting for a phone call. :)
Man, we could have used him out there yesterday.
Back to the top

MTSU Post Game Comments

I still think we can compete for and win the conference title…..next year. Its frustrating to see this young team make young mistakes….but I'll put my trust in coach just like Miami and Louisville did. The next good news this year hopefully will be pulling one more upset, remaining undefeated against FIU, and getting something on campus built.

Oh, and from what I've read we should be able to reach the tickets sold figure this year.
Back to the top

MTSU Post Game Comments

It was no the best game for the youngsters. Maybe they''ll take the next one and start a new streak.
Back to the top

MTSU Post Game Comments

It's games like these that reminds the young guys why they need to continue to work hard and not take anything for granted - they will rebound and show their resiliency.

Go Owls!!
Back to the top
Control functions: