Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FIU vs Troy on ESPNU tonight.

May keep your minds off of Wilma.
Back to the top

I'll be watching the FIU at Troy game at 7:30 PM tonight. Hopefully, FIU pulls out a win! :) I don't like Troy - they always push us around.

Holding us to a minus 12 rush yards last year and intercepted 2 FAU passes…
November 06, 2004 Florida Atlantic Falls to Troy, 24-6
http://fausports.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/recaps/110604aaa.html

Holding us to just 15 rushing yards in 2002…
October 26, 2002 FAU Football Falls To Troy, 21-6
http://fausports.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/recaps/102602aaa.html

AND on the Troy Fan Website they don't even consider FAU to pose a threat at all in their list of toughest games to play this season - FIU is there with 7% of the votes though… http://www.troytrojans.com/

So this year maybe we'll switch places and Troy can take the fall instead against F_U… Hope it's at least a good close game! Mainly because by Saturday night Hurricane Wilma may cancel our watching the FAU at Arkansas State game. And that game is gonna be tough but maybe FAU will feel nostalgic and defeat them in overtime like they did to Hawaii. Surely, our new team members at least were paying attention on that one! GO FAU!!! and FIU!!! (until the FAU-FIU game then FIU can take the fall) :) ;)
Back to the top

WOW! Neither Troy nor FIU seem to be able to hold onto the ball and it is only 2 minutes into the game? 3 TURNOVERS already in the first 2 minutes? Troy now back in possession - can't get it goin, punting to about the FIU 34. Timeout called by Troy. Strange start… Let's get something going here FIU!
Back to the top

About 12 minutes left in 2nd quarter and Troy finally took advantage of the next turnover committed by FIU deep in FIU territory. Troy didn't convert a 3rd down but did get the Field Goal for 3 points on the board to open 3-0 vs FIU.
Back to the top

Okay… 7:28 left to go Troy just ran a touchdown in and got the extra point. 10-0 Troy… I'll check in less often now. lol… FIU got the Troy kickoff in the endzone and ran to the FIU 12-yard line to start the offense off. Good luck FIU! This game is starting to get more one-sided from the looks of it - pray for more Troy turnovers to come your way! 8-)
Back to the top

Well its halftime and the score is Troy 10, FIU 3. Game can go either way at this point I guess if one of the teams can figure out during halftime break how best to infiltrate the ranks of the other. I'm still rooting for FIU to upset Troy and I REALLY WANT FAU to UPSET TROY due to the fact that Troy discounts FAU entirely on their fan website as any form of competition. They don't even consider us competition - they are more afraid of FIU and every other SunBelt team left in their playschedule, we are the only one they "forgot" to mention. Let's hope we can prove that theory wrong this year.
Back to the top

"And we have a ball game!" as the announcer so adequately stated in reaction to FIU scoring a touchdown pass and getting the extra point for a Troy 13 to FIU 10 game with 7 minutes remaining in the 3rd quarter! GO FIU! Show the Trojans they need to FEAR Florida schools. Beat em good! Find a weakness and push on it!
Back to the top

FIU intercepted a Troy pass!! FIU ran it for a 30-yard return!! Get another TD - show those crappy TROJANS how to LOSE to FLORIDA SCHOOLS!!!!!! 8-)
Back to the top

FIU got a Field Goal and tied the game 13-13 with 1 minute left in the 3rd quarter and Troy will have the ball now when the 4th Quarter starts… It's anyone's game now! Show em FIU… Florida schools can and will overcome the Trojans this season. :o ;D
Back to the top

16-13 Troy just made a 48-yard Field Goal???? FIU better find something to do to get those points back - get that touchdown or 2 and put this game away FIU. 4th quarter - 13 minutes to go...
Back to the top
Control functions: