Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

My trip to FAU game

Here is a photoshow that I made of my recent trip to South Florida and the FAU game http://photoshow.comcast.net/watch/eD7nT5GT

Got in late Friday evening and called it a night. Started tailgating around noon on gameday, and I was impressed with the number of FAU students that were tailgating. Nice steel drum band, too.

Hit Damon's at Lauderdale by the Sea after the game with some MT fans, and went to the Everglades on Sunday morning. Unfortunately, we drove all the way down to Flamingo, and everything was closed down. The mosquitoes there were the worst I've ever encountered.

We hit Key West on Sunday evening and ate at Crabby Dick's, out best meal while in Key West. Excellent crab claws and oysters!

Camille's for breakfast was excellent. Cuban bread toast was the best.

We ate at B.O.'s for lunch on Monday for their conch fritters (this place is a real hole in the wall, but I think it captures the charm of Old Key West). Went to a Cuban place at Mallory Square that night, and the fried plantains were very good.

Went to the Dry Tortugas on Tuesday. It was a bit overcast and the ride was rough, but it was worth it. Breakfast and lunch was on the Catamaran.

Hit PJ's or PT's or something like that for dinner. My wife enjoyed it, but I would have preferred A&B Lobster House. It was a place where locals ate, and recommended.

Hit Irish Kevin's later that night, and had a girl pull up her top on stage. Reminded me of N'Awlins.

Never made it to Atlantic Shores. I think Sloppy Joe's is more "my" kind of place.

We headed back to Lauderdale early on Wednesday due to the impending hurricane, so that we could beat the other tourists out (hotels were evacuated at noon).

Thought the McKeyLime pie was funny at the McD's in the Keys. Islamorado Fish Company was closed down for renovations when we went by for lunch, so we ate at the bar above the big "Saltwater Bass Pro Shop" next door. Grouper sandwich was very average.

Walked through downtown Hollywood and my wife did some shopping before leaving.

All in all, a good trip. Wish I would've had more time check out more places in Ft. Lauderdale and Key West.

The bike rental and riding in Key West had to be the highlight, along with the football win and the Dry Tortugas.

Take care until we meet again. Cannot wait to see your baseball team in the Sun Belt.

Back to the top

My trip to FAU game

My trip to FAU game

Glad you had a nice trip. The baseball team will definitely be competitive when they come aboard.
Back to the top
Control functions: