Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

NFL.com column mentioning us

Good luck if anyone can decipher what this guy is on about…

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9018933

Oh, and the reference is next to the picture of beautfiul Heather Mitts.
Back to the top

I'm guessing he's applying Murphy's Law to the Owls' and their football struggles.

Back to the top

From the NFL.com article – the spots where FAU was mentioned:

"Not only did FAU lose 3-0 on Oct. 22, but the Owls will probably be the first destroyed by aliens."

"Kim Kolb of Reston, Va., supposes that super-advanced beings would invade the Earth for the same reason that Nebraska schedules Central Western Carolina A&M: "Super-advanced beings are in a constant struggle to remain highly ranked, so they're looking for easy victories to pad their records. Earth is the Florida Atlantic of intergalactic wars, a patsy on some alien race's early-season schedule."
Back to the top

You know what? There are TOTALLY WINLESS teams out there this 2005 season like Buffalo, Temple, and New Mexico State who are 0-8, 0-9, and 0-8 respectively and yet FAU who is just starting in I-A gets a bad rap as being the ones the aliens would pick off first because we are the weakest? At least we played a good schedule unlike those 3 teams who are also RATED LOWER THAN US in the RANKINGS!!

NFL.com should pick on schools who have been around longer and still suck - at least we are new to I-A and giving it our best and won one (1-7) so far this season by a wide margin I might add (28-10) and we were close in other games including the infamous 0-3 loss to ASU!

BUT I guess NFL.com is correct in its statement in that Earth is a relatively "new" planet for evolution I suppose so that is comparable to FAU. Also, FAU takes on more than it can chew with advanced opponents so they can get away with calling FAU a "patsy" on a tougher foes schedule. Eh … it still sounds like a load of crap and purblicity is publicity I guess. But I still think they are jerks!

GO FAU! Take over the aliens and NFL.com! :P
Back to the top
Control functions: