Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

DANNY EMBICK OUT FOR THE SEASON

After being pummeled all season,avoiding rushers to throw,running for his life, being sacked over 30 times,leading the sunbelt in passing for 1/2 the season,leading the team in rushing(A RIDICULOUS STAT WITH ALL THE SACKS),THE INEVITABLE HAS FINALLY HAPPENED! Danny broke his thumb on his throwing hand hitting the helmit of a defensive rusher. :'(
Danny will now give his superman cape to Sean Clayton. Danny will help Sean all that he can!!
Back to the top

Sorry to hear that; Danny is one heck of a QB!
Back to the top

seems about par for the season.
Back to the top

That's too bad about his injury. He really played hard out there all year. I really liked our chances vs FIU with him at the QB controls. His scrambling will keep the DB's honest. That #17 from FIU can bring the wood! Clayton better start sliding right about…..now! :)

Get healed up Danny!

Clayton will be interesting to watch in full game situations. Looks like McKinson Souverain have a decision to make.
Back to the top

The coaches will also get an early look at the future with Clayton at QB. The Pro-style O is here to stay. The reality is that you need a true Full Back and blocking TE to make this thing work. The smoking mirror days are gone. Our undersized backs can't consistently take on the LB's and DE's, and win.

Recruiting priorities may just take a drastic shift to filling those needs next year.

Back to the top

That's too bad. Despite some untimely INTs, Embick showed terrific toughness this year. This may be a blessing in diguise though. Getting Clayton two starts at the end of this season is really going to help him out next year. I can't wait to see how he responds.
Back to the top

Embick did do a great job overall at QB especially dealing with such a young starting lineup all around including most receivers. Never getting enough adequate blockage really made things difficult for him as well ... "Embick under pressure... running for his life" Sound a little too familiar? For dealing with the circumstances all-around he has been a true God-send and it is tragic to hear about his recent game-barring injury. Is this written up in an article yet somewhere? It is so serious you would think this would already be in headlines. :( Good luck FAU and Clayton - we are all still behind you in going through this tough transition...
Back to the top

As much as I think Danny was a disappointment this season, i wish the kid the best. He certainly tried his heart out on every play and never shyed away from contact. Good luck in your future endeavors Danny. With that said, it will be interesting to see the future of the position in the next few weeks. Hopefully we'll have something to look forward to, but who knows what will happen Sat.

Oh and Markowl, it's helmet with an e, not an i.
Back to the top

Wow!! Danny is tough and I wish him nothing but the best, but at the same time it might be a blessing in disguise for next year with Clayton and maybe Souverain getting invaluable experience.
Back to the top

Even the guys on the radio on Saturday said that it will be Rusty Smith and Clayton battling for the job. Souverain is in a difficult situation, but I think he's out of the picture at qb.
Back to the top
Control functions: