Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Markowl exposed!

Markowl exposed!

No wonder Markowl is such a big fan of a certain recently injured quarterback of ours.....he just happens to be a very close relative of his. Maybe even his father possibly! No wonder his views on this certain player are so positively slanted. Be a man and just reveal your true identity and take off those rose-tinted glasses.
Back to the top

Markowl exposed!

From the first time i read markowls opinions i knew they were biased. I'm glad the truth has come out. Embick has been kind of disapointing this year, i thought he could have helped us win more than one game.
Back to the top

Markowl exposed!

I still think hes a great quarterback considering the line hasn't helped him much. Also I think Embick rushs more per game than any of your RB's.
Back to the top

Markowl exposed!

A great quarterback…come on now. He's ok, he did the best he could. The reason he had so many rushing yards was mostly because his o-line struggled early, but I also think he made some poor decisions sometimes…happy feet I call it. As I've said previously, he just disappointed me slightly…he didn't "lose the season" for us like someone else accused me of saying. At least my dad's not on here breaking news about my injuries before the coach has even had a chance to tell the media himself.
Back to the top

Markowl exposed!

I don't know Ghost.. after reading some of your most recent posts on the board you seem very bitter about this season in general and Embick seems to be your focus. I have to agree with bighooter on the o-line.

Disclaimer: I am in no way related to Danny Embick, The Coaches or the University mascot of FAU
Back to the top

Markowl exposed!

Ghost has a very valid point, The O-line did struggle but when a QB gets happy feet it causes more problems for an already vulnerable line. One reason is the blocking angles designed for the play are no longer effective and by the time you realize your not blocking but doing more holding there is usually little a lineman can do without pulling a flag.
What had to be hard for Danny was the defenses blitzing a ton and the younger guys having a tough time picking it up. This offense saw a tremendous amount of different defensive schemes and the adjustments for a young team are very hard.

Back to the top

Markowl exposed!

Look, who wouldn't be disappointed by a 1-win season so far?? Especially the way we lost to ULM and ASU. I realize Danny didn't have much help, and the absence of Aaron Sanchez really hurt the blocking, and the system wasn't very effective, but "great" qbs overcome those things. He did ok, and I expected more from him than that. The qb touches the ball every offensive play, and so of course more expectations are placed on him, that's just the way football goes.
Back to the top

Markowl exposed!

Oh no!!! I'm exposed!!! Okay - I've got my clothing on now.

So why then "Buchanan " why did griese and Marino look like crap w/a bad Dolphins line??????
Last year Jared had a reciever that "went up and got the ball" This tear we didn't and they get intercepted.

Go Owls!!! You've been in the fight all year - keep your chins up!
Back to the top

Markowl exposed!

Nice you see you've owned up Markowl….I was worried you were going to run away and hide after your identity was revealed. From what I've heard, Danny refused to talk to the media after a couple of the most recent games, so it wouldn't have surprised me to never hear from you again.

I never said our line was any good, but they have at least improved as the year has progressed, unlike Danny, who seemed to regress.

I respect everyone else's opinion and so should you Markowl. These boards are for discussion and I think overall, the crowd here is a respectful, realistic one, so please try and continue the tradition, even with Danny's career over.

My best regards to Danny, and may his high school legacy live on.
Back to the top

Markowl exposed!

Ghost- you are being way to critical of Danny. I do agree with you that the season was a disappointment, but in the o-line and danny's defense - i feel coaching was more to blame. Schnelly and co. need to realize the strengths and weaknesses of their roster a little bit better. When the dolphins drafted marino, they were a running team, shula was a ball control coach, but he changed his playbook to take advantage of his players abilities. Now in no way am i comparing embick to marino, but with a young line and a mobile qb, the coaching staff should have implemented a different offense. lets face it, to run the pro-style offense effectively, you have to have the right personel. that we did not have.

now sure, embick's performance was dissapointing this season, but that is more a product of our high expectations from past seasons. at times it seemed he dropped back with his mind set on pulling the ball down and running, his pocket awareness was suspect, and his accuracy was not what we expected, since the coaches touted him as a more accurate, mobile j.allen. the kid has very little experience even though he is a senior, and most of these things come with more experience. his supporting cast was very subpar. t.parker was the only receiver worth mentioning by name, the others look like a couple of jv starters measuring in around 5'9? our tight end has the physical tools to be a stud, but with hands like feet, its hard to catch the ball consistently. if danny were in jareds shoes a few years ago, i am sure he would have put up similar numbers. however, thats not the case and unfortunately for him, his career is over, really before it ever started.

lets hope s. clayton doesnt get beat up to bad and gains some valuable experience. HV needs to switch to receiver or db, but again, he would add to our undersized wideouts.
Back to the top
Control functions: