Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FIU game

FIU game

FIU just beat Western Kentucky. They're feeling pretty confident now. They just beat a D1AA in the last 4 seconds by a field goal.

I hope Clayton puts it all together this week and these 2 weeks off allowed some injuries and aches and pains to heal.

We were refered to on FIU's board as "those FAUckers". I guess that would make them "those FIUckers".

These rivalries usually don't have any relationship to how the season went. Anything can happen. In this case, this will FAU's be 3rd win of the season.

[glow=red,2,300]Go Owls[/glow]

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

FIU game

This should give FAU more confidence going into to the game on Saturday. Given that FIU's senior laden team struggled to barely beat a pretty average D-IAA team bodes well for FAU's chances.

FIU gave up a lot of yards on the ground to WKU. That is a matchup that seems to be in our favor now that our running game seems to have gotten going. We need the backs to have a big game and take the pressure off of Clayton.

I can't wait for Saturday. Hopefully we get a big FAU contingent down in Miami.
Back to the top

FIU game

illinoisowl said

those FAUckers

LoL Don't take it personally, just something I came up with that sounded like the title of the movie.

Well, I hope we bring a big crowd and you bring a big crowd because that's how the game is most fun. At FIU's stadium the crowd for this game will be real nice, that's one reason I hate playing you guys at Dolphin stadium, it feels so barren, hope we can start playing you guys at Lockhart soon. Anyhow, let's hope for a damn fun game and most importantly, no injuries.

Panthers on the Rise
Back to the top

FIU game

FIU's senior laden group = 1 win against D1A
FAU's inexperienced group = 2 wins against D1A

I'll stick with my school on this one. By the way….don't some people say that you can't consider it a rivalry until both schools have beaten each other?
[glow=red,2,300]Go OWLS!!![/glow]
Back to the top

FIU game

I'll stick with my school on this one. By the way….don't some people say that you can't consider it a rivalry until both schools have beaten each other?

You are right…However, based on history here, it doesn't seem to apply here, doesn't it? ;)
Back to the top

FIU game

mh2os said

FIU's senior laden group = 1 win against D1A
FAU's inexperienced group = 2 wins against D1A

[glow=red,2,300]Go OWLS!!![/glow]

Not to change the subject but I think FIU probably would have gone into this game with 2 D1A wins had they played the Smurfs of MTSU as originally scheduled.

I wouldn't have posted this if one of the MTSU fans hadn't been such a pain in the @#$. So I will be cheering for FIU on Dec 3.

But in the mean time, the Shula trophy will stay in Boca Raton for another year. So……

[glow=red,2,300]Go Owls [/glow]and beat them Panthers!!!!

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

FIU game

Don't sell FIU short. They have looked solid at times and Western Kentucky is a pretty good 1-AA team. Even if FIU should have beat Western Kentucky by more, FAU won't see the same team on Saturday. I am sure that FIU wants that trophy and they will come out playing hard. GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

FIU game

I'm not selling them short….think it will be a very good game. But I'll take some friendly jabs before the game, then let the outcome speak for itself. I figured this would be their best shot to beat us for a while and I still think it is…but you've gotta stick with your alma mater. :)
Back to the top
Control functions: