Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Basketball program

Add topic

Basketball program

We all know turning a basketball program around can be done quicker than turning a football program around.

We know Doherty's recruiting ability. When he turns the owls into a winning program, that could open doors to other conferences for all sports if the university wants to move on to something else. I was thinking of the traditional basketball conferences like the ACC and Big East. The ACC now has some good football teams and I know they are first rate in other sports like soccer, baseball, etc. FAU has the baseball credentials.

I feel it will happen with the the basketball program first. Doherty I think is now at his peak. He went through some tough times but it seems to have made him a better person and coach. He is at a good age too. Lets hope he stays long term with the program like Dean Smith of UNC and John Wooden of UCLA.

I am really looking forward to see what Doherty brings in with his next recruiting effort.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Basketball program

So i am. This team is young. we played a good second half tonight but got smoked in the first half. still missing our free throws 50%.

Paul Graham needs more time, this kid is going to be good.
Back to the top

Basketball program

i am excited about the future of this program. i've never really followed a-sun baseketball, but by looks of the schedule, we should have a shot at the conference.

has anybody seen our early commit xavier perkins play in person? i am interested to see how the talent level of our recruiting class will change with coach having a full year to recruit.
Back to the top

Basketball program

I just hope Doherty has his sights on someone at least 6'10" .

Back to the top

Basketball program

We do have a lot to look forward to with this team.

It's like night and day the difference this coaching staff has done with this team, the energy is there. The players have had a lot to take in in a short time and I can see this team getting better with ever game, so I can honestly see this team being ready to roll in time for the A-Sun Tourny.
Back to the top

Basketball program

The few college professors I know personally I learned they are to encouraged (pressured) to bring in grant money, research grants, donations, etc. Does the same hold true with head coaches? Will Doherty have to go out there and beat the bushes for funds? Howard did it when he first got there. I haven't heard that he has done anymore.

I know the university has a designated fund raiser and donation soliciter who does that , which by the way, was that lady who left for Barry ever replaced? They were talking of a goal of 500 mil a while back. Nice goal.

By the way there was an article on line a few weeks ago. Harvard has the largest endowment in the world. $25.9 billion and growing. I don't know how they have it invested but if it is earning 8% (guess) annually, thats $2 billion a year.

Back to the top

Basketball program

Illinoisowl, Doherty has been beating the bushes around the area according to friends and relatives in the area. I know he was present at all the Football games.

That is incredible about Harvard's endowments, hey give FAU another 30 to 40 years and who knows
Back to the top
Control functions: