Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FIU game

Any comments? None for me.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

FIU game

Well, after 3 wins by you guys, it's a rivalry now.
Back to the top

FIU game

I have a few things to say.

Rivalry:
Let the rivalry begin. Some felt that it wasn't one until a win by FIU. Others felt anytime you get two teams going at it like these two teams, it's s a rivalry. I agree. I think that It was there all along regardless of the results.

Shula Trophy….FAU 3- FIU 8-)

The Game:
Was I counting wrong? Did I count 4 TD's off of 4 INT's?? The defense was really geared up for FAU. For me, it was the Strock quick strike offense as the main worry going in but Clark's defense was primed to play. This is what I expected of the FIU seniors all year. I'm sure that they felt the same way and could have won several more games during the season. They played a good game. They won the game on the field.
I wonder if Danny would have made a difference. Hmmmmmm. ;)

The Season:
FAU need to look at this as the end of the 2005 regrouping year. It's finally over. The best thing in all of this is they have grown up and will/should be better equipped for next year and beyond.

Final thoughts:
Clayton and Souverain need to file this one away real fast. Their off-season starts on Sunday in the film room.

Back to the top

FIU game

I know that people use the movie GroundHog Day a lot , but here it goes again.
Scared to move in/out of your seat because you're afraid something bad may happen again. :D

FAU..That's one of those whipping where it doesn't matter if you "go get the switch" or your daddy get's it himself. It still hurts.

Pick up the pieces guys and move on.
Back to the top

FIU game

I agree with O.G. Owl, they need to have a very short memory. I didnt see the game (thank god) but it seems to me that FIU came to play and FAU clearly didnt. That is not taking anything away from FIU they played very well but I believe we were all thinking it would be a different kind of game. 4 pick sixes is a very quick 28 points and obviously allowed FIU to gain a considerable lead on us. I think that the team gave up and for that I am embarrased considering the kind of heart this team has shown all year. However, if we can figure out our quarterback situation for next year and have some of those 2005 recruits like Cortez Gent to step up as a WR then we should be solid because I know our defense is gonna be vastly improved next year. I just hope that we can get a solid recruiting class this year and that this game doesnt too negatively affect a recruit that is torn between the two schools. All in all, these players will remember this game and hopefully it can fuel them in the off-season to get that much better. Looking foward to Clemson and South Carolina next year.
Back to the top

FIU game

FIU game

Something is wrong they were beaten before they got started. It didn't appear as though they gave up, they just weren't there. It was a very strange night,but I agree its over, time to move on. The team is beat up pretty good healing is going to be paramount for the future.
Back to the top

FIU game

Talon said

Something is wrong they were beaten before they got started. It didn't appear as though they gave up, they just weren't there. It was a very strange night,but I agree its over, time to move on. The team is beat up pretty good healing is going to be paramount for the future.

I agree. That was a team that didn't show up at all. It looked from the start that FIU wanted the game and FAU just wanted the season to end.

The only good thing to take away from it is that it is over. Just like the entire season, hopefully the team learns from this and learns to prepare for every game. The QBs obviously looked terrible, but they have very little help out there. It was clearly a team just going through the motions. They couldn't stop anything FIU through at them and even if they did, they committed dumb penalties at the end of plays.

Anyway, congrats to FIU. They earned the Shula Trophy this year. Now, we should be back as favorites next year when they go through a similar rebuilding process. Although this loss hurts, it should make next year's game a lot more fun.
Back to the top

FIU game

I didn't get to see or hear the game, but I had a bad feeling the game was going to be an ugly one.

IMO, this season just took it's toll on this young team, they fought hard all year and at one point there is no fight left, as hard as you may try to stand-up to the challenge the tank is just empty.

This game or the record by no mean reflect the type of year this team acomplished - the stats aren't great, but as a hole this team got some valuable experience, what they do with it will be determined during a very important off-season for this group of young men. I do believe you learn more through defeats like these, I am sure the guys are disappointed, but overall what they have shown us during the season is the potential to be a solid team.

Keep your heads guys - where still behind you!!

Go Owls!!
Back to the top

FIU game

Well I have to admit, it felt damn good to finally win that trophy. A couple of things about you guys for quarterback, Clayton did not look solid at all, whether that was because of our defense who's strategy seemed to rush the QB or maybe he just doesn't have it. All I know is that he held onto the ball too long and when he threw the deep ball it was always underthrown, hence the interceptions. The other kid they put in late in the game looked much better and he actually connected on the deep ball for the TD, if he can improve his overall accuracy you got a pretty good one there.

Next year should be interesting, we are losing a lot of people but we aren't as reliant on our seniors as you guys were your 4th season, our biggest hole will be our O-line and some young guys got some playing time these last few weeks because of injuries and I must admit they did a pretty damn good job. I'm already looking forward to next years game, I would love for this game to decide the Sun Belt Champ one day.

Panthers on the Rise
Back to the top

FIU game

the only positive i took from the game was the great crowd we traveled with. on that note, we could easily construct a similar stadium on fau grounds in a weekend. its like an erector set. IMO, thats all we need for now, no lavish dome.
Back to the top
Control functions: