Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Scripps going to Orlando

Add topic

Just saw a news story about palm beach offer to Scripps is in jeopardy due to environmental problems and Orange County feels pretty good about getting the Research Facility. Is this the same one that was being talked about a few months back and how it would help FAU???

If this is true that's gonna leave a mark.
Back to the top

Scripps going to Orlando

Only Palm Beach County can screw up a deal like Scripp - they have done everthing from dragging their a$$e$ to annoying the hell out of Scripp. As far as I'm concerned if I was Scripp I would leave PBC and not look back and at the same time leave them a nice little pile of cr– as a reminder of what they had and lost - The politician of PBC needs to look up the definition of the word Gratitude and then the word Gift, yet I'm not sure they can comprehend either one.
Back to the top

Scripps going to Orlando

It is hard to believe this is happening, I was watching another station and they said the facility will bring 40,000 jobs to the area. PBC has got to be stupid for letting that get away. they were showing pictures of the facilities they are proposing to build and guess who is in the backyard via for support - you got it UCF. They are looking for partners in the med school and research support programs. Can you say D*#$ A@$es
Back to the top

Scripps going to Orlando

This should have been a slam dunk for PBC, now I'm not so sure but the state may very pull the plug on funding they where to provide. Scripp shoul be making plans on moving to PBC right about now, instead are homeless in Flori-duh.

The worse part of all this is FAU is the bigger loser on the hold deal, this could have done wonders for our Medical program and then talk about having a big corporation being us to boot :P
Back to the top

Scripps going to Orlando

A very sad day for the people of PBC and especially FAU
Back to the top

Scripps going to Orlando

Is there any way of salvaging this? Is anyone trying to do that or is it definite that Scripps is going away? :-/

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Scripps going to Orlando

This deal has been teetering on falling apart for a long time now. Other counties have been circling this carcass for awhile. Even Gov Jeb Bush had to step in and ask certain county(ies) to back off so that PBC can get it done.

Looks like it didn't help.
Back to the top

Scripps going to Orlando

On the news this morning they said that construction was halted on the 8 million sq. ft. project. Did they already have this thing started if so someone really needs there butt kicked. Orlando has artist conception of the project around Lake Leola, not positive and said no environmental problems exist. There has got to be a ton more to this situation. I can see it now with the stadium, let them find a plant or animal and kiss it goodbye.
Back to the top

Scripps going to Orlando

from what I just read, Scripps has until Dec 20 to decide on the choice of sites. I don't really think Orlando is in this yet. I did read where $18 million was aleady spent before construction was stopped. If construction is not resumed there, who is going to pay for what has been spent?

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Scripps going to Orlando

Scripps going to Orlando

Here is the latest article on Scripp from the Post:

http://www.palmbeachpo…/03/s1a_scripps_1203.html
Back to the top
Control functions: