Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

So what do we look for in 2006?

OK, all knowing and wise ones that speak with Schnelly, go to the practices and seem to have to inside scoop.

What is happening next year. Give your forecast of recruiting, the team for next year. Does it look good?

The regular season is over for all colleges. FAU has 2 winning seasons out of 5. Those winning seasons obviously set many of us up for disappointment this season even though going into we knew the inevitable. We were in denial. All, 100%, every, each, sports article that covered FAU's preseason, forecast a winless or minimal win season.

There were the stories last spring that Howard wasn't happy with the teams performance during spring drills. He was concerned. I guess that was a clue of the way things were going to be this season.

What do you guys that are involved with the team know about whats coming up? Do you think Howard will get his wish list of recruits? Maybe a big, fast running back.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

One of the biggest thing going into this season was the lack of a FB, Sanchez injury put us in a hole at the beggining of the season - this needs to be addressed during recruiting and Spring ball.

Also, the TE position, the lost of C-Hill was felt big time this year, especially with the disappointing season out of Dareus.

The FB and TE are two very important position in the type of offense we run and was very evident in the lack of consistancy on offense through out the season.

We will have a big qeustion mark at QB, who will step up, will it be Clayton, Souverain (still needs to show improvement) or will it be the new kid Red-shirt Freshman Rusty Smith - don't know anything about Frank Messina yet.

At WR, we do lose Parker, but we do have some good young guys that I think will be ready to step-up to the challenge.

Another question mark, our secondary on defense - who will step-up to the challenge - We do have some guys that I think will give us enough game so it may not as big of a concern, but until the games is on you just don't know.

What we do have to look forward to is both our lines up front, they both should be more experienced and that can give us a big boost with a new QB, more eexpereince RB coming back.

Other then that it's rather early to give a full account of what to expect, I would like to see some of the new recruit from last year preform and what the off-season work-outs will bring forth.

Maybe OG, can give you a more indepth breakdown by position.
Back to the top

I couldn't have laid it out any better than you did, Oh Wise One.. ;)

There is a rumor that Rusty will be VERY much in the mix at QB. That job is not Clayton's as much as some of us thought before Embick went down. Amazing what actual game reps will do for your positions.

Also the H-back may be a part of the offense next year. The conversion of a TE(true size)may play a bigger role in the scheme of things. That move plus the experience of the O-Line should be a pleasant surprise.

I still hope that RB Rodney Ferguson comes back from JUCO or wherever he landed last season.

Defense will get a major boost when SS Taheem Acevado returns. He was hurt all year with a leg injury. LB's were young and the FS, Joseph, was a freshman.

The brutal 1st pat of the schedule will be very testing. AGAIN.
Back to the top

Last year when the seniors had to sit out Edward Waters, the back up players couldn't handle a NAIA team. It wasn't until the seniors went in that the game was under control. I kinda wondered while I was listening to that game what we could expect out of that group when they took over the next year. Then when spring drills came up, Howard, from what I read was a little concerned.

I am optimistic with reservation about next year. I know it was a tough year with a real tough schedule. The owls had only one good running game. Embick was always under pressure and seldom had enough time. I don't know how much to attribute that to lack of experience when other teams send in their freshman and sophmores and get good results. I hope Howard has enough charisma to charm some good D1 level players to FAU next spring. Get some big lineman and some Moroney caliber RBs.

Back to the top

I agree with much that has been said. I talk football with a lot of the players that I have in my classes. I know a lot of guys are pulling for McKinson to win the job and I dont seem to think that the Rusty Smith kid is gonna get that big of a look but I guess we will see. The backfield will be strong with the return of all our our RB's and the return of a true fullback, Aaron Sanchez. The O-line will be much improved as they have a year's worth of experience, I look to John Rizzo to step up and be a heck of a player. The rumor is that Stetson Wilson quit?? if that is the case, we are going to have to find a replacement at tackle. One of our best recruits from last year, Kevin Miller, should step up and grab a job on the line. Our defense is going to be strong again next year except we lose our captain, Earls. I look to Josh Pinnick to be a very good leader next year both with his words and actions. I love the kid, he plays with passion and enthusiam every second of the game. I think he will be good for us. I like our linebacking core that is coming back and supposedly a middle linebacker named George Allen is supposed to be legit. He will play between two guys that I think are studs in, Cergile Sincere and Andre Clark. I know we are losing a couple DB's but skinner will be back along with Pindell and Joseph and a redshirt freshman named Erik McIntosh who I think has some very good skills and can absolutely fly. As far as recruits go, I have been keeping up with Rivals and Scout.com and have yet to see any commits but hopefully that will change soon. Well, thats the inside scoop that I have… hope to hear yall's opinions as well!!
Back to the top

Coaches are hitting the roads this week and going to the championship games at Dolphin stadium Friday and Saturday. There will probably be a few surprise verbals after this weekend.

I didn't hear about Stetson!!! That will hurt us if he did. His experience will be missed.
Back to the top

O.G. said

Coaches are hitting the roads this week and going to the championship games at Dolphin stadium Friday and Saturday. There will probably be a few surprise verbals after this weekend.

I didn't hear about Stetson!!! That will hurt us if he did. His experience will be missed.

Maybe the coaches can talk him into staying. If he has some misgivings hopefully they can work it out. If it is academics, maybe they can get that straightened out too.

Back to the top
Control functions: