Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Bowl Games Of Interest

Meineke Car Bowl
USF(6-5) vs NCState(6-5)

USF is only in their 5th year of D1-A football. Something positive to look forward to regarding building the FAU program.

Hawaii Bowl
UCF(8-4) vs Nevada(8-3)
UCF went from a17 straight losses to bowl eligible in 1 year's turnaround.

New Orleans Bowl
Arkansas State(6-5) vs Southern Miss(6-5)

ASU. We played toe-to-toe with these guys for 60 minutes! We've proven that we can play in the SunBelt with our showings in the conference.

Disclaimer:
Before this take a "we don't have a stadium" turn it's posted with the understanding that we will be playing football in the NCAA D1-A classification. If they allow us to play in front of friends and family only in a vacant lot off 95 somewhere, these goal can be achieved.
Back to the top

Bowl Games Of Interest

I think it's entirely possible that FAU can have a drastic turnaround and be bowl elligable - perhaps even before I finish my Masters. I think it has far more to do with the quality of our recruits, the heart of our team and coaching they receive than wether or not our stadium is completed and/or includes a dome and retail space.
Back to the top

Bowl Games Of Interest

I was up in Orlando this weekend for the UCF game and I was pretty impressed with the number of fans that came out to support the program. They were fired up for the game, unfortunately it wasn't enough. They tailgate better than us though, there is something special about eggs and beer at 7 am! I sure hope FAU's first bowl experience won't be in Hawaii though, it puts it kind of out of reach for most fans.
Back to the top

Bowl Games Of Interest

Its nice to be thinking about but lets start by thinking a winning record for FAU. Although this year was a rebuilding year, it was really bad. The loss to FIU really showed us how much improvement this team needs in order to be competetive next year. I think this year really brought home the fact that everything needs to be done in baby steps. I don't think a bowl is within sight next year. Maybe within two or three years. Lets hope. GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Bowl Games Of Interest

I agree that it will take time to get to a bowl. I was really just giving folks something to think about after this past season. Reminding them that this years team was one which was rebuilding. I truly was not that disappointed in some of the losses. I expected it to be a rough season and it was. Also the FIU loss didn't really bother me that much. I wanted the win just as badly as any FAU fan. But for me the game wasn't a gauge of the progress of the team if we lost. Remember that we didn't have any type of experience at QB for that game. That made a huge difference with the INT's. Also not moving the ball down the field on several opportunities.

Definitely having more than two wins next year, I feel that this team will bounce back and be in contention for the bowl in a couple of years.
Back to the top

Bowl Games Of Interest

I think it is a good idea to talk about bowl games in order to have something different to discuss and think about. I wasn't disappointed with the fact that we lost to FIU, I was disappointed with how badly we lost. This team will rebound and next year FAU will have more than 2 wins. We were in some really tight games and weren't too far from having 4 or 5 wins. The team should be much improved next year. We should be over our offensive line woes after a shakey start this year and the off-season should get the QBs in gear. I look for a significant improvement next year. GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Bowl Games Of Interest

I was also at the UCF game on Sunday, having graduated from the school in 01. The crowd was great and our tailgating is first class. There were hundreds of cars there before 8am and the cooking out and drinking was awesome. I also dont think you find more attractive college girls in the space of a square mile than you will around the citrus bowl We also had a record 52,000 at the game, 51,500 were ucf fans. Shame about the result. When i was at the game i just hoped that i could see this type of atmosphere at an FAU game one day
Back to the top

Bowl Games Of Interest

Bowl Games Of Interest

I had a few friends who went to the game. They all said the same things about the crowd and atmosphere. O'Leary has done a remarkable job with the program. The players stuck to his system and now look at the results. He deserved the Coach Of The Year from the sports writers who honored him.

Most FAU fans know that it's a long process to get to that level of fans participation and on-field success.

Owlfan1,
The way we lost the FIU game also made me chase my beer with a few bottles of Pepto Bismol.. :)
Back to the top

Bowl Games Of Interest

I was disappointed with the loss to FIU. I was especially disappointed in the score. The way FIU had been playing this year I thought we had a good chance, especially if our defense did their magic and a the owls were able to get a running game.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Bowl Games Of Interest

Anything can happen in college football. Do you think that the UCF fans were expecting the season they got this year after the awful showing the year before? And lets be serious, its the Sun Belt, not the SEC, anything can happen.
And noinsidegame is right, the women in O-Town are top notch, and they love their college football, which makes them even more attractive!
Back to the top
Control functions: