Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Ice Hockey club

Add topic

Back in the late 70s it never entered my mind this would be a part of FAU. :o

I have gone ice skating down in I think it was Ft Lauderdale or Sunrise. It been so long.

Anyway check out the FAU Ice Hockey club Web site.

They are using the old "fighting owl" logo on their jerseys which I still really like. It contains yellow which is not an official color. Maybe someone can replace the yellow with silver or white and keep it as one of the official logos for all of FAU athletics.

http://www.fauicehockey.com/

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

FAU Ice Hockey club

The news section on the site says the hurricane damaged the skating facility and I interpreted it that they lost some prepayments on ice time because of that. They need some financial help.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

FAU Ice Hockey club

FAU Ice Hockey club

I think what he's referring to is the discounted rate they were going to receive for their ice time will no longer be honored. It's a two sheet facility, one of the sheets is out of commission for quite a bit longer than the other so they will be operating with only one rink for a while. Since there is no ice in Florida the demand is very high, especially since the rink is home to many youth and adult leagues, the FAU team is put on the back burner, they are just renters to Incredible Ice, unfortunately that means they will probably be charged full price since the demand is so high.
The program has made some serious progressions since I first remember it starting, and some of the kids on the team are pretty damn good players. I wish them the best!
Back to the top

FAU Ice Hockey club

the team is legit. and they do it with very little help from the university.
Back to the top

FAU Ice Hockey club

They should check out Palm Beach Ice Zone on Lake Worth Road, near Wellington. It also has two ice rinks (plus roller hockey).

http://www.pbicezone.com/

Back to the top
Control functions: