Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU v UCF Tonight!

Add topic

I don't know if any of you made it to the game last year but it was a great one, we only lost by a few points and it was due to poor coaching.
UCF is not the team they were last year, even their players are saying that, we've got a good shot tonight. Hope all of the local board members are able to make it out to this one. 7 PM FAU Gym!
Back to the top

FAU v UCF Tonight!

Yea I am definitely going to be going out to the game tonight. Even though they are no longer in our conference I still consider them one of our big rivals. The game last year was a great one. I hope that the attendence tonight is huge and maybe the university will be doing some sort of promotion who knows. Anyways, it should be a good one!
Back to the top

FAU v UCF Tonight!

FAU v UCF Tonight!

UCF fans make their place the nastiest in the A-Sun. The student fans are, well, disgusting and classless. And the administration allows them to sit directly behind the team, parents and visiting fans. It is a menu for disaster.

I'll be there tonight rooting on the Owls and against the Knights.
Back to the top

FAU v UCF Tonight!

FAU WINS! 59-54!! I was able to make it for the first half and listened to the end on the radio. A nice crowd, about the same as the opener I would say. Owls came out on a 14-2 run and never trailed after that. UCF tightened the game in the second half, but FAU did a nice job holding on. We're now 3-2 and head to USF on Thurs. Having a real coach sure is making a difference. GO OWLS!! ;D
Back to the top

FAU v UCF Tonight!

YES!! What a great night for FAU! Always a thrill to take down UCF!! Three wins in a row-looking great FAU!
Back to the top

FAU v UCF Tonight!

1343 for tonights game and 1117 for the opener. That's solid numbers.
Back to the top

FAU v UCF Tonight!

Huge Win for us tonight. As Coach was saying, wins like this help with recruiting. UCF definitely had the size over us but we played really good defense as we held them to 17 points in the first half could that be a record haha. You could feel the atmosphere in there tonight as we responded to the chants of UCF with our own chants of FAU! It was a really exciting game. I think the attendence could have been even better if it werent christmas break. I mean, maybe a couple of students wouldve made it out to the game if school were in session???
Back to the top

FAU v UCF Tonight!

The first thing I did when I got to work this morning (I know - I work odd hours) is check the score and . . . YES!!!! Great win for the Owls! ;D

I read somewhere yesterday that they cut ticket prices in half so apparently there was an effort to get some people in the seats despite school not being in session.
Back to the top

FAU v UCF Tonight!

Here's my photo gallery from the game. More photos will be added later and some of those here will be edited.

http://www.palmswestpress.com/images/FAU_vs_UCF_1_12_13_05/index.htm

Winning bucket

Back to the top

FAU v UCF Tonight!

Yes they did cut the ticket prices in half for last night, only $5! Great game too, I was happy to rub it in the faces of my friends from UCF!

I have a big question for all of you on the board. Here's my issue: We are finally at a place where the team is drawing a good amount of fans yet the atmosphere at the game is still…well, weak.

The only two chants that the crowd did last night were D-Fense and Let's Go Owls. FAU basketball (and football for that matter) is finally getting to the point where we have a fan following but we don't have anything of our own. We aren't gonna have a Cameron Indoor Stadium atmosphere anytime soon but something needs to be done about crowd involvment. If you all have any suggestions or decent solutions to this problem post them, and maybe we can get the Athletic Dept to print out some sort of cheat sheet of what to do and WHEN to do it!

D-Fense when we are up by 14? We need some help!
Back to the top
Control functions: