Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU STADIUM

Lets see what the fans think, we have all discussed this in great detail. I think it is now time for a little poll to match some numbers with how we really feel. Along the same lines, wouldn't it be wise for the powers that be to maybe conduct a poll of their own, including residents of Boca, FAU fans, Alumni, and students? Just a thought.

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

FAU STADIUM

I believe a nice 25,000-30,000 seat outdoor stadium is all this program needs. The weather gives our guys an advantage anyways. I think a dome would be nice but it is not really necesary. I dont know if an outdoor stadium can be approved and built by the powers that be any easier or quicker than the dome but it just seems that this dome is going to take a year or two just to decide wether to build it or not. And with the basketball team using the stadium as well? Say the team does start drawing crowds of 5,000 to 10,000 people, the place would still be practically empty. What kind of home court advantage would that be. It takes a lot more people than that to make a big building like a dome to get loud. I say just build a nice concrete outdoor stadium, unlike the FIU erector set stadium, but a stadium that can be added onto if need be. And just build a 10,000 seat arena for the basketball teams.
Back to the top

FAU STADIUM

sadly i don't know if the weather gives us an advantage. we have never done well at lockhart.
Back to the top

FAU STADIUM

I like what FIU did, leave room for expansion, plus it is cheap and from what i hear FAU is having some $ problems

Peyton
Back to the top

FAU STADIUM

I don't see the point of spending money twice. Sure, we could build a cheap, outdoor stadium on campus, but how many more people is that going to attract? We don't have enough students on campus to make a difference. As long as Lockhart is still a viable venue, then let's just stay there until we can get a dome built that can host football, baseball and basketball. Sure, it might take a while and cost a bunch, but I think it will be for the best in the long run.
Back to the top

FAU STADIUM

Ghost, I don't believe the idea was to have a cheap outdoor stadium but more like a cheaper than dome and more in the neighborhood of UCF's plan. I agree that a dome may be better in the long run but IMO opinion something smaller and easier to fill at game time would be more practical until the program warrants a larger facility and that could be 10 to 15 years from now. I was all hopped up on the dome but for me the novelty wore off and reality set in. The reality is that FAU's program will not support this lavish a facility at this time. But not having a facility very soon on campus will hurt even more. Lockhart is a eye sore and a Joke they were playing on that field when I was in high school and that was in the sixties. It may be a moot subject anyway because rumors are the city has other ideas for that property.

The programs are growing and FAU is moving in a very positive direction and if somebody is willing to dump a bunch of money in naming rights (not like Papa John's, that guy got a ridiculous deal for 5 mil.) or something, that would cover the better part of the money, great. I would also say as long as FAU doesn't have to sell there soul to do it.

I may be wrong but I don't believe the baseball part was in any of the original dome plans. I looked back and that wasn't mentioned that I could find but I may be wrong.

Back to the top

FAU STADIUM

Lockhart needs to be torn down and likely will be in the next few years by the city…

FAU needs a stadium…

At this point FAU does not have 40,000 fans to crowd around a wonderful $100 million dome…

IF FAU waits 10-15 years to build a dome, FAU will likely NEVER fill the 40,000 seats - fans and funds will significantly drop by then…

The best solution is the simplest one - build an FIU/UCF type stadium - somewhat cheap yet efficient and the right size for our fan base!

Nuff said! :)
Back to the top

FAU STADIUM

FAU STADIUM

Ditto fauprowler hopefully they will do something soon, it would be nice to see the team playing on a home field that is on campus by no later than 07. I also agree with you on the fan base issue. Build a stadium that the school can grow into and that will take at least 10 - 15 years and at that point look at the Dome.

Also, do the needed renovations to the Arena as the program grows there as well. The basketball program may grow faster but it will also take at least 5-7 years to get big enough to fill the present facility. Either way if it grows faster or not it gives the programs and the school more time for the valuable recognition it needs to fuel its desires for the grandiose facilities.

You always keep that glimmer of hope that a Trump or even MJ would say hey me and Doherty played together let be drop some cash on that project. Would that blow some minds. They only need about 100 very very rich people to donate a million bucks each. Give them a suite for ten years for free and add five years for every million after that.
Back to the top

FAU STADIUM

Originally posted an article regarding UCF's stadium plan. Moved it to it's own thread.
Back to the top
Control functions: