Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

RB Chance Attaway and S Corey Silcox

Add topic

FAU just offered to duo from Blountstown Florida. This is going to be exciting. Any comments? Silcox has said that if he gets an offer with chance he will take it. That is one of Troy's top recruits.

http://www.blountstowntigerfootball.com/btf/

Back to the top

Thanks for the info. I asked about a Blountstown link on the FlaVarsity board. I also copied and paste your post in the Recruit/Committ thread in the main football board.
Register and join in the discussion.

Thanks again.
Back to the top

It is true that me and Chance have been offered. We will go down to FAU on January 27th to talk to the coaches and look around. There is a good chance that I will go ahead and committ. Chance's decision is going to be determined on how he feels about FIU.

For any other questions please post on here or email me at [email protected]
Back to the top

Corey, don't let Chance fall for the "we beat FAU 56-7" routine…we're still 3-1 all time vs. FIU. Good luck with you guys' decisions. GO OWLS!
Back to the top

fauowls44 have a valid point about the loss last year vs FIU. I'm sure that Chance's decision will not be made based on the results of one game.

He need to take into consideration a lot of things. Where does he want to live for the next 4 or 5 years? What type of degree is he seeking? Some players actually let the families play into the decision.

Both programs are growing and will have some bumps in the road. He need to decide if he'd rather face those small hurdles with a coach like Howard Schnellingberger at the wheel. If he can't recall what Coach Schnelly is about, then he should ask his dad or uncles about this man's accomplishments. Former LT Governor Frank Brogan is the co-pilot of this program.

FYI on the football program:
2001: 4-6 1st year in existence with true 17/18 year olds playing football for the 1st time in college.

2002: 2-9. Coach upgraded the schedule with some tougher teams. The players learned from this experience.

2003: 11-3. Learned and went out and made the semi-finals of the D1-AA playoffs.

2004:]9-3. Beat Hawaii in Hawaii(nice trip). Then won some Sunbelt games but wasn't eligible for the bowl games.

So look at last year's REBUILDING year and you may notice the trend. This year will be an improvement.

Keep in mind that the FAU coaches will not promise you playing time. They will promise you a chance to COMPETE for playing time. That's what most athletes want to hear. There are some good players coming back from last year's squad and competing WITH them will only make you better.

Make an informed decision.. 8-)
Back to the top

I don't know what kind of girls they have in Blountstown but I'm sure you'll be impressed with the lovely ladies of Boca Raton! If you make it down here, I'll introduce you to some/ALL of them!
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

I don't know what kind of girls they have in Blountstown but I'm sure you'll be impressed with the lovely ladies of Boca Raton! If you make it down here, I'll introduce you to some/ALL of them!

They have outlawed that kind of recruiting TeamBeer.. ;D

We can thank Willie Williams/Northwestern High / U of Miami for that one a few years back.
Back to the top

"He need to take into consideration a lot of things. Where does he want to live for the next 4 or 5 years? What type of degree is he seeking? Some players actually let the families play into the decision."

O.G. this is probably the most important thing for a recruit to consider, kids get caught up in the hype and get some place they don't really want to be and it can be miserable. Usually they snap out of it and find a way to cope but some end up leaving. The other thing that helps is that more of the guys have more of an opportunity to stay close to home. Which helps on keeping them at the program.

Very valid points you made O.G. and Silcox it sounds like you have put some thought into this already. You gotta do what is right for you, that is the important thing.

Corey, if Chance does decide to go to FIU you will definitely see him at least once a season. Once you do make your decision you will feel a big load off your back then you can sit back and chill.

Good luck on your decision
Back to the top

I posted an article from FLA Varsirty message board about Attaway. It's in the Recruit/Commit thread.
Back to the top

Here is a video on Silcox, im still looking for one on Attaway.

http://sunshinepreps.net/content/view/64/0/
Back to the top
Control functions: