Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

corey silcox Blountstown Fla

i've seen this kid play and i know his dad i talk to them last night i do think that FAU is in the leed for him , this kid can play he plays with a lot of fire and has a good eye for the ball.In 4 years corey had 486 tack's 15 int's this year he had 171 tac's. . He's rank 33 in Safeties in the south , Ala, ga, fla, mss,Ark , tenn ,Louisiana i hope ya'll get him
Back to the top

No question this is the kind of kid FAU wants. Heart, fierce player and eye for the ball. Laz who graduated last year was an impact player for FAU. Add Corey to the roster with what they have now and with a couple of more key players and you got yourself a very good defense. If it continues in a couple of years you may really surprise some of the OOC teams it could end up being one of the top defenses in the country
Back to the top

Back to the top

I think this is one of the kids that is being recruited by Middle Tennessee and new head coach Rick Stockstill.
Back to the top

Corey e-mailed me today, thanking me for positive comments about him. He indicated he is going to commit to FAU, although he will also visit FIU. His teammate is deciding between the two, as well.

He sounds like a great kid … And smart to check with the fans on various teams' message boards.

Back to the top

That breaking news BMarkey, good news too. I know you're a photographer. Are you a news reporter too?

We'll make an Owl out of you yet!! :D 8-)

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

I'm a long-time local news reporter, editor and photographer. My main career is selling real estate now ( www.PalmsWestRealty.com ), but I continue to shoot freelance for a local weekly, and from time to time, some daily papers. I have also shot Troy sports for some 'Bama papers, and continue to shoot for Troy publications (media guides and such). My shooting partner and I operate an event photo business at www.PalmsWestPhoto.com, where you can find thousands of local news, sports and even FAU pictures.

I'm an Owl fan because of my daughter. (I plan to be at the home hoops games and even some other sports.) I almost got a little sad after FAU was beating Troy this year (and one of the FAU student shooters ribbed me a bit), and then Troy caught fire. :)

But I'll always place my school No. 1.

If Troy can't get Corey, I hope FAU does.

BTW, Troy might be getting four-star quarterback Omar Haugabook from Glades Central (Player of the Year and top passer in the state in 2003), who is tearing it up at QB in the junior college ranks. That would be great for Troy's pass-happy (Texas Tech-like) new offense.
Back to the top

Omar will be a great recruit for anyone who likes to pass or spreads it out! Plays a lot like QB Jacobs of Bowling Green.

Good luck with that one!
Back to the top

Looks like Troy got him. Strange, because the Trojans already have six QBs, at least two of whom are said to be very good.

Check the Marshall boards to see how its fans do not appreciate Omar's decision. Despite losing to Troy for two consecutive years, those C-USA (and former MAC) fans really have a superiority complex over us little SunBelt folk. :)

Back to the top

Marshall fans are confused.
Back to the top
Control functions: