Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Doherty's recruiting

Add topic

Doherty's recruiting

I've been checking the recruiting boards for basketball. Doherty is focusing on the two and one star players. Someone with some college basketball experience tell me, with his clout and recruiting ability, why isn't he going for players higher up on the list.

Doherty is quoted as saying, (paraphrased) " it isn't as hard to put a basketball team together as a football team". A couple of top recruits every year for 2 years, maybe 3 and he would have himself a b-ball team.

A few years back when UF got a new BB coach, he recruited quite a few blue chip players. When the players were asked why they chose UF, which at that time had no basketball reputation, they said it was the coach. I don't remember the guys name. Now UF is in the dance every year.

Next question: when is that bureaucratic school system that Carlos Monroe came from going to get off of their butts and get those records straightened out and submitted. We are in conference play!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Doherty's recruiting

Which recruiting site are you looking at? I frequently visit Scout.com and the players that I see there are mostly 3 star recruits and even 1 four star recruit. I think that is a good idea to go after that type of player. And, on the Carlos Monroe front, I think it is an issue with NCAA clearing house if I'm not mistaking but I dunno too much about that situation.
Back to the top

Doherty's recruiting

Fauballa31,

I found the list of fau recruits on scout. you're right.
FAU needs the height, they have a 7 footer on the list but have not made an offer.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Doherty's recruiting

Clearinghouse issues can be brutal and everlasting! That's why recruits are urged to get the paperwork in by very early senior year if possible. You can always add info to your file but any correction can take forever!
Back to the top
Control functions: