Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Owls beat Stetson

Add topic

Another solid performance. Rice and Monroe both scored 21 points. With the addition of Monroe, this is a completely different team. He is the inside presence this team was sorely lacking.

The crowd was good as well. They announced 1195. The next two games will be a good test of this "new" team. Gardner-Webb and Campbell on the road are tough games, but if they play like they did tonight, I like our chances.
Back to the top

Owls beat Stetson

Owls beat Stetson

ha ha, i just posted the same thing in another thread!
Back to the top

Owls beat Stetson

Unbelievable,

Doherty finds a few gems after the recruiting wars are over. They go through a learning curve and learn to play together. Now their winning. The mercer coach was quoted that FAU could be in the conference championship with a little polish on the defense. I guess he was pretty impressed with the way they played.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Owls beat Stetson

This was my second game and what a difference. Rice was a complete player. The last time I saw him against Marist I said he was a "turnover machine". This time he was a "3 point machine". Last time I said I would play a 2-3 zone against FAU because they had no movement and couldn't get the ball inside. This time it was fun to watch the ball & player movement as well as "the man" Monroe with his presence inside. Not to mention the rebounding display by Webb. This team is just one or two players away from being a real contender. In the meantime they deserve more fan support, although this was the biggest crowd I've seen in the few games I've gone to. Winning the A-Sun would go a long way in helping this team to the next level by appealing to a couple more guys the caliber of Monroe.
As far as Doherty is concerned, I like the way he uses his bench. It not only keeps guys fresh, but gives valuable experience which will pay dividends come crunch time at the end of the season. It will be fun watching these guys the rest of the way.
Go Owls!
Back to the top
Control functions: