Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Band Director Fired Unfairly - Needs Our Support

Please see:

http://fausports.proboards25.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=baseball&thread=1137041805
Back to the top

He did do a great jod for us and rather unfortunate to see him go like this.
Back to the top

???
I can understand them being dissappointed but unless there is other information missing here it seems to be a poor way to handle it.
Back to the top

a dream job in the Big 10? would he have taken the job if it was offered to him?
Back to the top

purdue would be a ream job. is there an opening? i've seen it a few times before, somebody applies for a job, the boss finds out, and decides that they should be putting out applications full-time.

Purdue's ?All-American? Marching Band takes its show on the road this Sunday, Jan. 15, as featured halftime performers for the Indianapolis Colts NFL playoff game against the Pittsburg Steelers in the RCA Dome.

?We're thrilled to be asked to be part of such exciting times for the Colts and anything we can do to help them be successful and reach their ultimate goal of playing in the Super Bowl, we'll do,? says David A. Leppla, director of the marching band.
Back to the top

dream job, not ream job. freudian slip?
Back to the top

dream job, not ream job. freudian slip?
Back to the top

In the business world I have seen it happen where any outside applications will be frowned upon. But Sydney Green,former BB coach, filled out every application for college and pro basketball teams and he was retained for a few years at least!
The guy turned the program around in such a short time frame. It's a shame he was let go.

Like owlcoholic suggested, I wonder was there more to it.
Back to the top

The director informed FAU officials, out of a sense of fairness, that he had made the application, and that he did not expect to be hired. But he is from the Midwest and eventually would like to lead a major conference band in his home region. He called it a "dream job."

FAU officials told the media today that he resigned. But the director told the band he was told to resign, effective at the end of this year.

My questions are: Would Matt Doherty be fired if his named showed up in an ACC head coach search news story? Was Frank Broagn asked to resign as Lt. governor when he applied for FAU's (and perhaps other) college president position?

So why the double standard?

I did not hear back from any college officials today. I mailed my letter of ptotest to them last night.

BTW, I do not really know this man. I met him a couple of times.
Back to the top

Someone needs to reconsider this guy's situation. This guy did turn this program around and brought a real sense of excitement that was very exhilarating . If hew is only there for a couple of more years who cares if he can keep things going the way he started it.
Back to the top
Control functions: