Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

College recruiting info, Players,Rankings.

Nice article on the age of the internet and how it affects recruiting. Pay close attention on the piece about "Coaches: Work out key" on page two. Names that doesn't have stars next to them from Rivals.com or Scout.com, doesn't mean they can't play the game!

Read On:
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/college/sfl-recruit29jan29,0,4971801.story?page=1&coll=tf-main-sports
Back to the top

O.G. said

Names that doesn't have stars next to them from Rivals.com or Scout.com, doesn't mean they can't play the game!

I've talked to coaches about those nice little stars next to a players name and most don't pay attention to them. The high school coaches are a big part of the process and some of these kids may not have hit full stride by their senior year - thus becoming those diamonds in the rough in college. Some of these kids peak at different times - heck I wasn't a very good athlete till after HS , OK I was a very late bloomer >:(

I'm still waiting to reach that peak :o ;D 8-)

I know that in the very begining of our recruiting process we where concentrating more on getting the very best athlete we could get - now we have specific needs so the recruiting tend to take a different approach then in previous years and we should start to see a more balance recruiting classes from now on enabling to have more continuity from year to year without having to have the re-building year or years that we are going through now. Remember why we where able to have the quick success we had in a short period of time, plus the lost of some players that should still be in the mix of things that would have help keep the continuity that we would otherwise would have had, but that is part of the process that sometimes throw you curves balls - sometimes these things are bumps that hurt in the short run, but help establish a stronger foundation to help establish long term success.

We will be fine and that success will begin to show within the next two to three years.

Go Owls!!
Back to the top

I agree Bytor on the part of re-building and the future being more of a re-loading after this year.
Back to the top

This just in from FIU boards

liljoe11 says

"I tend to agree..We are landing more and more of these guys that would go to the Middle Tenn.and the Monroes and instead they are coming here….Also I see we are in some head to head battles with USF and with [glow=red,2,300]the most part FAU is not even in the picture..[/glow]We have some guys on our team that could have gone to much bigger schools.Barnes and company will have a big year this year. "
Back to the top

Now that's FUNNY. He shouldn't brag about getting players from Midd Tenn or ULM!!! Both schools are expected to do that anyway! I'm sure that Coach Strock won't be clicking his heels about that one. He'll want to go after the top tier players just like Coach Schnelly would. Heck, most of the fans from FAU and FIU probably won't shout that one too loud! We both should out recruit Midd Tenn and ULM. This is Florida football.
I've said it many times but our needs are different at this stage of the game. My same old tired line is the same. "We only have to plug some holes".

As for us not being in the picture, signing day is a few hours away. Time will tell
Back to the top

Guys, we will have to wait until tomorrow to make any sort of comparison, which will lead us to believe BOTH FIU and FAU did great!!!

BTW, I found this quote also kind of interesting

by one of your posters…..

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am getting a little bit concerned about our recruiting. As far as I know, we only have one verbal commitment and that is the kid from Tallahasee. Other schools in the state have a lot of commitments, even FIU has 5.

What does that mean? Is FIU so much lower than FAU?..that FAU is supposed to have more commitments?……dadadadadadada?

Guys, give him a break…he is new to this posting business. and not so "nice" things will be said on each other's boards…….

Now, with all due respect to my friend OG. While I agree it is nothing much to brag about, I dont find funny the fact of us possibly out recruiting MTSU, ULM, ULL, nor ASU….not at this stage of our development. Heck, I just read where Arkansas St. got a commitment of a DL from a guy from Ft. Lauderdale which supposedly both FIU and FAU jumped on him a bit late…..Remember that just two years ago we had troubles getting players away from Bethune. Alabama St, and the likes……
Back to the top

FIUFanatic. That FAU quote you posted about being behind? He's of little faith and he's been banned for putting that up there. Just kidding.. ;D
We did start out real slow. Most visits were in January and not December like some teams.

You have a valid point about getting these type of players so soon in the game. My bigger picture outlook is that FAU and FIU will run this show in a small matter of time. It's good to get them while we can but these caliber of players will have second thoughts about not getting in on the ground floor of FAU and FIU.

Good luck t'mw with all commits. I hope we get all of ours too.
Back to the top

Agreed on all points.. ;) I just saw the list of commitments on the Palm Beach Post, and your list sure is impressive!!! I must confess I'm concerned now, after seeing FIU with only 3 on that same list!!! ;D

Now, seriously….once again…as we have discussed before…and I'm not saying this to be politically correct…I am sure both programs will have the best recruiting class, at least in quality, ever….We are on a fast learning curve upwards in terms of recruiting, due to our meteoric ascent into IA…..Things shoudl get better every year for the "Florida football babies" down in the South Florida area……

Back to the top

"Things shoudl get better every year for the "Florida football babies" down in the South Florida area……"

Speaking of which I just shot you an IM.
Back to the top

I am the one who made the comment you are referring to. I think you are taking what I said out of context. What I meant is that we are competing with schools like FIU for recruits and the fact that you all had 5 recruits to our 0 concerned me a bit. I didn't mean disrespect to FIU in terms of them being lower than us or anything like that. If I wanted to disrespect FIU, believe me I wouldve made it clear. I just wanted to clear things up for everyone
Back to the top
Control functions: