Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Sidney Green Article

Add topic

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/content/sports/epaper/2006/02/03/a6c_green_0203.html

Sounds like our old coach is happy up at Indiana. He kind of dogs South Florida though, I wonder if he's following the great job that Doherty's doing! Attendance has doubled since his arrival!
Back to the top

Sidney Green Article

screw you sidney.
Back to the top

Sidney Green Article

I don't know what that one on one coaching comment is. There was an article just recently on-line where some of the members of the basketball team said the Green didn't really coach them. They could do what ever they wanted on the court. There was no discipline, no curfew. Some of the teams that played FAU this years said that the team has changed. They said in the past FAU played a street hoops game. Now they're playing like a college team.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Sidney Green Article

I really do believe that comment that the players said Sidney didn't really coach. I don't think i ever saw him draw out and play and have the players execute it. I think his name got him a head coaching job, obviously not his coaching talent, Sidney Green is a joke.
Back to the top

Sidney Green Article

To bad The ole Sidney never took responsibility for his actions or lack of while being the HEAD COACH. Who absolutely never felt accountable for his disgraceful management of the team and the program. Now has the B$%#s to sit back and talk about how he is mentoring tutoring one on one and developing the best guard in the country. Because he is in Basketball country. All he ever wanted to BLAH BLAH BLAH who cares.
Back to the top

Sidney Green Article

Do we really care how Sidney Green is doing, honestly?

We've moved on from that depressing time in FAU men's basketball history, and now we have a proper coach, more fans and a chance to move up in the world of NCAA hoops. None of which we ever had during that douche bag's reign.
Back to the top

Sidney Green Article

Sidney Green Article

I think Sidney is glad he doesn't have to take the blame anymore when his team loses being an assistant coach. He's like a fan up there in Indiana, just sits there and watches Mike Davis do a real coaching job. I bet none of the players listen to him either, they've probably heard stories about his time down in Boca and how everyone thought he was a joke. Oh, and don;t forget about all those frickin times he would look for other jobs in the offseason instead of recruiting. Why didnt we fire him then like the band director.
Back to the top

Sidney Green Article

Ghost, you arean expert in FAU Men's Hoops, your knowledge is immense. You must be a true fan.
Back to the top

Sidney Green Article

I didn't know much about this in prior years. This all came out after Green left. All I can say is if you are absolutley miserable in your job, it is best for you and who ever you are working for to move on. Green must not be head coach material. He couldn't find another gig while at FAU and he's now an assistant coach.

If what everyone says is true, it wasn't just his win/loss record that got him fired.

About the band director, he is quoted as saying he resigned. The university says they didn't fire him.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Sidney Green Article

The band director told his band (did not want to lie to them) he resigned.

FAU officials are lying to try and cover up an unfortunate, stupid and disloyal mistake.

The band director is getting screwed and the university has told him to say he resigned in order to have a positive recommendation for other jobs.

Back to the top
Control functions: