Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU vs Tennessee

Add topic

FAU won the 2nd game of the double header. They went 1-2 in the series. I hope it was just a shakey start and the rest of the season will go real well.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

FAU vs Tennessee

FAU vs Tennessee

We'll be fine…..defensively we looked awful in the first two games of the UT series, but the hitting seems to have returned today. Just need the pitching to sort itself out and we'll be ok.
Back to the top

FAU vs Tennessee

We'll be fine this season-Tennessee was a College World Series team last season so there certainly is no shame in getting only 1 out of 3. Of Course had we choked a 6-0 lead in game 3 it would have been devastating-but thankfully that didnt happen. It sure was a lot more nervewracking without MCBryde to close at the end.
We could have easily won both games today had it not been for the bad fielding and Tennessee's batters leaning in to be hit by pitches all game. It was great to see Silversmith, Block, and Albano all go deep today-hopefully the power surge will continue next weekend!
Back to the top

FAU vs Tennessee

Burrowingowl said

We'll be fine this season-Tennessee was a College World Series team last season so there certainly is no shame in getting only 1 out of 3. Of Course had we choked a 6-0 lead in game 3 it would have been devastating-but thankfully that didnt happen. It sure was a lot more nervewracking without MCBryde to close at the end.
We could have easily won both games today had it not been for the bad fielding and Tennessee's batters leaning in to be hit by pitches all game. It was great to see Silversmith, Block, and Albano all go deep today-hopefully the power surge will continue next weekend!

FAU should be a college world series team this year. I hope they go deep into the playoffs. Winning it wouild be even better. 8-)

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

FAU vs Tennessee

"Should" be a CWS team? Are you joking?

Come on now, let's be realistic. I think we often overestimate the talent on Cooney's teams. Ok, we get to regionals every year pretty much, but then we've only ever got to Super Regionals once! Plenty of teams get to regionals, but only the elite get to the CWS. We have some talented youngsters for sure, but I think we're one year away from being even having an outside shot at the CWS. Don't forget, we only have five seniors on the team this year, and not all are major contributors by any means:

Anthony Albano - not even starting most likely, but a good bat off the bench
Jason Doherty - threw only 6.2 innings last year and gave up eight earned runs
Alex Fonseca - probably the best player on our team….just keep him hydrated!
Will Mann - one of three returning starters with an ERA above 5.00 in 2005. Relegated to the pen at one point.
Johnathon Shapland - #2 hitter for average last season, led the team in doubles, HRs and slugging. Solid player.

We looked pretty bad defensively over the weekend…hopefully that's not a sign of things to come, which I don't think it is.

Will be interesting to see where our power comes from this year…Shapland is obviously a legit threat, but who else do we have? The wind was blowing out Sunday, which did help at least one of the homers (I missed the last one). Widlansky and McBryde have the occasional pop in the bat, but I wouldn't call them power guys by any means.

Back to the top
Control functions: