Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

nonconference

Add topic

nonconference

as good as both our basketball teams are doing they have only won one nonconference game each.

we really need to do better in that department big time.
Back to the top

nonconference

Ah who cares about non-conference when you're in the A-Sun. Doherty's team needed time to jel and the women played a pretty tough schedule. When you have no chance of an at-large bid from opening day, why care about non-conference? As long as they take care of business in the A-Sun Tourney and get to the big dance, that's all that matters…..then we can move on from there.
Back to the top

nonconference

since the asun is horrible and winning only one nonconference that assure no better than a 15 sead. if we had won half of those games we would be looking at a 12 seed.
Back to the top

nonconference

We were without Mr. Monroe, and once we got him back we started to make our run. I think the highest any A-Sun team would be granted is 13th, and only one A-SUN team will get to dance….so hopefully if we continue on our progress it will be our OWLS!! Just as long as we don't have to play the play-in game.
Back to the top

nonconference

Non conference is only important in football. It's a big payday while getting your ass kicked. How many times has an A-sun team got a a 12 seed, probably not that many. When the selections committee picks those seeds they don't pick it on who you played close in non-conference, it is who you beat. I don't see us winning any non-confrence games next yr unless we get someone like Eckerd/Lynn.. I agree that ASUN tourney is what the whole team should be focused on.
Back to the top

nonconference

NoInsideGame said

Non conference is only important in football. It's a big payday while getting your ass kicked. How many times has an A-sun team got a a 12 seed, probably not that many. When the selections committee picks those seeds they don't pick it on who you played close in non-conference, it is who you beat. I don't see us winning any non-conference games next yr unless we get someone like Eckerd/Lynn.. I agree that ASUN tourney is what the whole team should be focused on.

I disagree that we won't beat any non-conference teams next year. Lynn and Eckerd?? Those teams are a divison below us. They are teams we'd play in exhibitions, not during the non-conference schedule. I'm sure the schedule will include teams like Marist, UCF, and Northwestern just like this season. Those teams are the equivalent of teams that we will face in the Sun Belt and they are the caliber of teams that we should be able to compete with and beat. Another year under Doherty and another solid recruiting class and we will be even better than this season.
Back to the top

nonconference

I can't wait to see what Doh can produce when he has a bit more time to recruit. Look what he managed to pick up in the half an hour he had this year. Last game, Paul Graham started to show some greatness, and Carlos Monroe is such an integral part of our team, these guys are 18! DeAndre Rice may be a Jr but he's a Doh pickup too, those three guys are spending lots of time on the court and they are all Doherty recruits. The guy knows what to look for!
Back to the top

nonconference

A 12 seed? Are you mental? Let's take a look at the A-Sun teams that have made the big dance as 12 seed or better.

1994, #12
College of Charleston
24-4
7-1 non-conf
Beat Penn State and Alabama

1997, #12
College of Charleston
29-3
8-2 non-conf
Beat Stanford and Arizona State

2001, #11
Georgia State
29-5
10-1 non-conf
Beat Georgia and UAB

And now, let's take a look at our beloved FAU Owls, say if we beat the top 3 RPI rated teams we played this season and won 5 of our last 6 games and then two games in the tourney.

2005, #??
FAU
20-9
3-3 non-conf
Beat Marist (#77 RPI, 14-7 in 2005), MTSU (#107 RPI, 10-9 in 2005) and let's say Northwestern (#132 RPI, 9-10 in 2005) instead of UCF.

Now, how the hell you can say we would be a 12 seed in the big dance, I don't know. The numbers don't lie my friend!
Back to the top

nonconference

NoInsideGame said

Non conference is only important in football. It's a big payday while getting your ass kicked. How many times has an A-sun team got a a 12 seed, probably not that many. When the selections committee picks those seeds they don't pick it on who you played close in non-conference, it is who you beat. I don't see us winning any non-confrence games next yr unless we get someone like Eckerd/Lynn.. I agree that ASUN tourney is what the whole team should be focused on.

With Doherty and the kind of recruits FAU will be getting you really think Eckerd and Lynn is the best FAU can do in OOC? Next season Rice and Monroe will be a year older and everything we've heard about Doherty says he can recruit real well. We know he can coach. If Doherty can land a big man, things will be looking a bit different.

I think next year is going to look much different than this year. (better)

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

nonconference

I was just using Eckerd/Lynn as an example of teams we could beat. You've got to look at the quality of basketball in the A-Sun, not very good. As soon as you step out of that conference the level of play goes way up. Honestly some of the guys i saw on the Mercer team this year I could not belive were playing 1-A basketball.
Back to the top
Control functions: