Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU-Middle Tennessee Photo Gallery

Here's our FAU-Middle Tennessee Photo Gallery:

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

http://www.palmswestph…?showphotos+1000275+0+0+0

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

I wish there had been more FAU action and a better outcome. My family (new fans) enjoyed the game and couldn't understand why it could not draw more people.

Back to the top

Bmarkey,

The link to the picture page got cut off. It won't work incomplete like that.

If anyone wants to look at the photo page, copy and paste the link into the address bar on your browser.

Wow,

No wonder FAU has problems winning at home. There is no home crowd. When you look at the pictures try to ignore to what looks like in some pictures completely empty stands. Some sections look full but a lot of the pictures have 2 people, no exageration.

BMarkey,
Do you think you can copy and paste some people from some SEC or Big 12 games into those pictures?

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

I'm not sure why the link won't fully work. I posted it correctly. Moderators, can you help?

Thanks.

Back to the top

http://www.palmswestphoto.com/events/index.htm

If you don't know how to copy and paste you can go here and search for the photos.

I tried several times to post the link but it seems it is too wide.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Actually, that is my other site.

The photos from this game can be found from scratch at:

http://www.palmswestphoto.com/events/index.htm

Thanks.
Back to the top

For some reason with the new conversion, it will only allows fields of certain lenght, we'll have to check how to post the longer one's.
Back to the top

>>BMarkey,
Do you think you can copy and paste some people from some SEC or Big 12 games into those pictures? <<

I wish.

I was really disappointed in the turnout yesterday. I only started following FAU regularly since my daughter decided to go there (and the school started getting my money).

I was really disappointed in the Thursday night game crowd, but yesterday's attendance appeared even worse! I was hopeful when I saw the parking lot full of partiers, but maybe many of them didn't come in?

My first FAU game was the Colgate semifinal. That was a nice crowd and I had expected like turnouts since.

But it could be worse. FAU could be undefeated (SunBelt) La-Monroe and host first place Troy on homecoming and still manage to draw what looked (on TV) like around 6,000 people to its pretty nice stadium.

I do know the FAU student area (where the free food and drinks were passed out) was going strong as the National Anthem was being played. That stuff needs to be shut down somehow to encourage bnetter actual game attendance. It did look like quite a tailgate party, though.

I just can't fugure out why more FAU students (gosh, 10,000 students alone should be at each game), alumni and plain old South Florida residents donlt attend. It's a great entertainment bargain. We got four tickets, four drinks, four hotdogs and four bags of chips for $24! That's fantastic.

It's going to be up to us to encourage our friends, co-workers, fellow students (the band goes around campus and recruits fans) and others to attend. Certainly, that crummy Post won't help.

One suggestion: Beg, borrow or steal a decent sound system for Lockhart. The announcer can barely be heard and the speakers are to awful to conduct any type of music. A more animated announcer (one who could fire up the fans and even get cheers going) would be an improvement.

Back to the top

I read with interest your comments regarding the attendance, or lack thereof, and the general atmosphere at FAU football games. I agree with 98% of what you said however I'd like to post a response to your last paragraph:
[One suggestion: Beg, borrow or steal a decent sound system for Lockhart. The announcer can barely be heard and the speakers are to awful to conduct any type of music. A more animated announcer (one who could fire up the fans and even get cheers going) would be an improvement.]

Your suggestion has merit as it applies to the current audio system at the Stadium. However— Just in case the average fan at any college or high school game doesn't know…The PA booth is supposed to be 100% UNBIASED in it's reporting of information out to the crowd…the problem we have now is that fans are starting to accept the screaming, yelling, unabashed cheerleading and homerism that proliferates professional sports. This cacophony of ear splitting "entertainment" is what everyone (for better or worse) expects at any event they attend. It has no place coming out of a PA announcer's microphone…that's why schools have a cheerleading and pep squad on the field. Please continue to support our University and attend our games. We need as many fans as possible to show their interest as often as possible by coming out to the stadium!
Back to the top

Brings back memories of that playoff game at Bethune-Cookman....that PA guy was reeeeeediculous.
Back to the top

Lets remember also that once the band becomes bigger and more established, they should be all we need to create the atmosphere we need to develop, along with the Cheer and dance team. Look at the difference at B-Ball games - with football it will take a bit longer to build the crowd for them to be a bit more effective, but I still think that the University could do a better job of bring all fans closer together - like opening up part of the oppossing side-line to general siiting and cut-out the endzone sitting, till we can draw 15,000 plus on a consistent baises. The tighter the crowd the better atmosphere can be created.

The PA system does $uck though.
Back to the top
Control functions: